2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, thought I'd better introduce myself.

I bought my first Mazda last week. It's a 2015 Mazda 3 2.0 Sport in Soul Red and black leather, bought from a local Mazda dealer as a "Mazda Approved Used".

Having had my previous car, a Volvo S40, for 12 years, and it was 6 years old when I bought it, it's a bit of a shock moving into the new technological world of the Mazda!

Enjoying it all immensely so far :)

Having had a brief play, I find that I can't get the MZD Connect to link up to my iPhone SE WiFi hotspot. From what I've read this is an issue with the CMU shielding which requires a replacement CMU. As my car is just over 3 years old and thus out of new car warranty, I guess the chances of getting that replacement done at any reasonable cost are probably small to zero?

As I understand it, the WiFi is only used for Connected Services anyway, which are an additional subscription for, basically, traffic updates.

·
Registered
153 Posts
....snip......

Having had a brief play, I find that I can't get the MZD Connect to link up to my iPhone SE WiFi hotspot. ....snip....

As I understand it, the WiFi is only used for Connected Services anyway, which are an additional subscription for, basically, traffic updates.
There is an expected release of Android Auto and Apple CarPlay coming this Autumn (mentioned elsewhere on this forum). Then all the updates for traffic that Mazda make you pay for will be free and done via CarPlay (in your case) and you will not need a wifi hotspot. You will need to have a replacement part, plus its installation, and at the moment the cost is unknown. I'd wait.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is an expected release of Android Auto and Apple CarPlay coming this Autumn (mentioned elsewhere on this forum). Then all the updates for traffic that Mazda make you pay for will be free and done via CarPlay (in your case) and you will not need a wifi hotspot. You will need to have a replacement part, plus its installation, and at the moment the cost is unknown. I'd wait.
Ah yes, thanks for the reply, I saw the threads about that.
Have they said for sure that it's going to be available for older models too?
Are the current CSMs significantly different from the model I have, apart from having decent shielding?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts