2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Just joined the forums since I purchased a used 2014 Mazda 3 i Touring 5-door in Soul Red Metallic.

This Mazda3 is replacing my previous utility/hauling/winter car (an '02 Subaru Forester), which will be used when my 2008 MX-5 isn't practical. When it came time to replace the Forester, I knew the 3 was the way to go since I actually owned an '07 Mazda3 years ago. The 2007 Mazda3 was traded in for an '04 RX-8 because I had a hankering for some ridiculous RWD, Wankel rotary, 9,000 RPM beeping redline goodness. As of today, I'm up to four total Mazda's in my car owning history, and I'm sure there will be more down the road.

So anyways, I'm excited to see what fun things I can do with my "new" 2014 Mazda3 and looking forward to reading through all the of the great resources here. First things on my To-Do list are to update the MZD Connect software (and possibly throw some AIO tweaks its way), installing a Curt hitch for my Swagman hitch-mount bike rack, and procuring an OEM roof rack and gutter rails so I can haul a kayak.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Less than 24 hours in and I've already updated MZD Connect from version 20 to version 59, added some AIO tweaks including Android Auto (which is incredibly cool), and did a DIY dead pedal that I found in the Mazdas247 forum (I'd post the link, but it looks like I'm not allowed to share links yet...). So glad to be back in a Mazda3!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard from another Mazda four timer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Thanks! Looks like I'm not too far from you too. I'm out in the west suburbs (Batavia).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Installed the Curt 11377 hitch today and also installed a hardwire kit to power my dash cam. The hitch was pretty easy to install, especially compared to installing a hitch on to the Miata. The hardwire kit was pretty simple too. The cord is easily tucked in behind the headliner panel and the A pillar trim down to the fuse box. I plugged an Add-a-Circuit thingy into the rear outlet fuse (which was empty in my model) for power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts