2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
I navigated to this website while searching for instructions on how to remove the center console on my 2018 Mazda3 GT 5-door [hence the user name]. Q: Why did I need to remove it, you may ask? A: I lost my temper and hammered down on the controller out of frustration trying to voice dial my brother to wish him a happy birthday while driving, thereby sinking it into the console, while unintentionally pocket dialing a friend! A comedy of errors, to say the least. Fast forward to this morning, when I successfully removed and re-fitted the controller without breaking anything in the process, thanks to a set of instructions I found here. I'm happy to report that my little temper tantrum did nothing but dislodge the controller from its forward mounting clips, and that everything works perfectly once again. Except for the operator, that is! He's [still] a work in progress...
FYI, I am an active participant on other community websites, and I look forward to participating here as well.
Best regards,
Hatch-it

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome to the forum. On the bright side: If you bought a BMW instead of a Mazda, you would likely be looking at a $1,500 repair.

Perhaps it is time to lock the cell phone in the trunk while driving!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome. I was trying to use Android Auto via voice command, so that the call would be broadcast over the audio system. This way, both my sister and I could sing happy birthday to him, in keeping with our family tradition. In hindsight, I should have pulled over when things didn't work according to plan.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts