2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

New member from Regina, Canada.

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Ven 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Mikhail, I've been on this forum about a month, figured I'd do an introduction.
I'm a owner of a 2014 Mazda 3 GS Manual in Aluminum Metallic that I bought brand new in August.

A little background for those who like to read. I'm 25 years old, recent university graduate. English is not my first language but I try to write as correctly as possible.
My previous cars include:
1993 Toyota Camry 4 cyl, which was my first car. Got it as a present from my father when I was 17. Owned it for 3 years.
1997 Toyota Camry V6. Wanted to have a little more power. Owned for 2.5 years.
1999 BMW 740i Sport Package. Wanted to have even more power and luxury at the same time. Owned for 3 years. Got fed up with maintenance, insurance and fuel costs. Will miss the heated steering though.
Sold the bimmer this year and decided to get myself a graduation present. Originally was planning to buy a used Lexus, but my father convinced me to buy something brand new. Only brand new cars I could afford were in the compact segment. Looked at Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Subaru Impreza, and obviously Mazda 3. Being somewhat on the tall side (6'4"), only Mazda 3 could fit me comfortably legroom wise so I picked it.
Decided to spice things up by getting a manual transmission since all previous cars were automatic. This car being my first brand new and first manual at the same time got me very nervous. I was afraid to do something wrong, like shift incorrectly, so first couple of weeks were quite scary. I even had a feeling of buyers remorse that I should have bought an automatic. Since then things have been gradually improving and hopefully I'll get better with time. Good thing the car's got hill assist.

If you haven't fallen asleep reading all that, here are some pictures.

Engine bay while it's still clean.

While I'm at it, my first quick question is: What are the dimensions of the stock rims?
Is it 16x7 or 16x6.5? Is offset 50mm and hub 67mm?
I'm thinking of getting separate rims and tires for winter and want to maintain same dimensions.

Thanks.

See less See more
#5 ·
I'll be going to siast in moosejaw for the next several weeks but I am from the swift current area. There are a few people from Regina on the forum and we have had a small meet.

My stock rims are in my garage waiting to have winter tires put on them. I may paint them first but can't find the time.

#9 ·
#14 ·
Awesome Ride. The new Mazda 3 was only launched today in South Africa. Very delayed, but definately worth the wait.

#15 ·
Welcome from another Calgarian!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.