2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! I just bought a 2012 white hatchback MT about a month ago. This is my third Mazda but first M3 or MT. In fact the first time I drove a manual was leaving the dealership lot after making my purchase. Yeah I'm a brave girl! It was a stressful 30 mile drive home but I made it. I've been lurking for a little while now and I can't wait to incorporate some of the great ideas I've seen.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Post pics of your 3 and tell your plans. If you have any questions feel free to ask us here on your thread.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
welcome to the forum

you'll learn quick, since you seem to have a great attitude about a MT. just get out and drive. drive for no reason but to learn. go drive on the streets. the more reps you get, the better you will be. I went out in traffic the first few days after my first MT and was able to learn first gear very quick. oh, and have fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll post pics as soon as I have something to show off. For now it's so embarrassingly plain in comparison to the awesome cars I've seen up here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you'll learn quick, since you seem to have a great attitude about a MT. just get out and drive. drive for no reason but to learn. go drive on the streets. the more reps you get, the better you will be. I went out in traffic the first few days after my first MT and was able to learn first gear very quick. oh, and have fun.

Thanks for the advice and vote of confidence :) I have been trying to do that to some extent, taking the long way to places just to drive more and I have definitely seen an improvement from my first couple weeks. For now my goal is a stall-free week. We'll see how that comes.

But I am having fun! I love pushing the limits of my gears and hearing the engine roar! Now I understand how people can get obsessed with their exhaust sounds!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Thanks for the advice and vote of confidence :) I have been trying to do that to some extent, taking the long way to places just to drive more and I have definitely seen an improvement from my first couple weeks. For now my goal is a stall-free week. We'll see how that comes.

But I am having fun! I love pushing the limits of my gears and hearing the engine roar! Now I understand how people can get obsessed with their exhaust sounds!
You're welcome. You'll stall some, but, you'll get better and more confident.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts