2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm Tamas from Ireland.

My new 2017, Mazda 3, 2.0L petrol, 120 HP, 6spd manual with GT pack is on it's way to me. Hoping to pickup the car at the 28th of Aug and looking forward of the ownership.

A bit of history here:
We already own a 2016, CX-3, 1.5 Diesel, 105 HP , 6 spd manual, Soul Red, Executive SE with 44k kms on the clock. Basically it's our daily driver.
I'd say, so far we're happy with the car. The 44k passed (almost) without a major hiccups. The only sour taste in our mouth is due to the non functioning Air con> We're waiting since month and half this to be sorted by the dealership. ( was one of our condition to purchase the 3 from the same dealer)

The Mazda 3 going to replace my 2004 Volvo V70 R (2.5L, 5 cyl turbo, 5 spd geartronic, 300 HP estate with 103k miles on the clock). It's a family 'rocket', a real sleeper and an animal on the road. Still love the caR and always wanted to own one. My heart still goes for the Volvo, however my mind tells me its time to say farewell to the R.
The primary reason of the change is due to I need something more economical to commute on a daily basis.
Spend less time in the garage (and more with the family) and keep the maintenance, tax and petrol costs low.

With that said, started looking for a replacement back in a while. Couldn't find anything within the European car-brand segment, which would suit to my taste and has all the features I was looking for. Namely: must be petrol, manual, reliable, suitable for 4 adults and relative sporty. So Honda, Mazda, Subaru trio got into the scope.
My first choice was the Honda 1.8 petrol 180 HP, 6spd manual with GT pack, but couldn't get the deal what I wanted so moved onto Mazda.
Last Fri, the dealer gave me a very-very good deal on the 2017, Mazda 3, 2.0L petrol, 120 HP, 6spd manual with GT pack.

Test drove the 1.5 petrol saloon version of it, and I love how the car handled, especially on the twisty roads!Almost as sporty like my firs car - Mini Cooper 1.6, 120 HP, petrol.
Gearbox is a dream which I was expecting from the CX-3 and comparing the two together the 3 feels a bit shorter and sportier.
Obviously the 1.5 petrol engine was a little-bit weak for my taste, but found it very dynamic to its own class.
Overall experience exceeded my expectations, so I'm definitely looking forward to the change!

I'll post pictures once I have the car ;)

Thanks for reading!
Tamas (htomi)

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Welcome Tamas. Hope all goes will with your "handover," that your new car is excellent! And your air gets fixed soon. [How is it that air conditioning always fails during the hottest times...]

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone!

Got the car at the 27th of Aug.
I'm lovin' it ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts