2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think they should do use the 2.5 engine if they are going to do this (go NA). The articles I keep reading talk about 200HP out of the 2.0 and a 7K redline. Not bad but to me that is not going to run with the Mazdaspeed moniker as well as the 2.5 pushing 220(plus)/210. No turbo lag and a strong mid range would make the car very responsive and keep up respectable MPG's.

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
I think it's a smart move on mazdas part.
I think so too. I believe they learned they lesson with the DISI motor from alot of warranty claims from people who had modded. But that is just my opinion...

·
Registered
172 Posts
The idea certainly doesn't thrill me, but then again it will be long enough before I buy a weekend car for that a new RX-7 hopefully will have appeared :clap 1:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Glad I got a 2013 then... If I wanted a lower powered NA motor, I would go RWD FRS/BRZ/Miata. Maybe even a 5.0. This change puts it in the class with the Civic Si, which doesn't appeal to me at all.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
No fun imo, be quite disappointing. Wouldn't keep up in the hotch hatch market imo. Not enough power.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
If they can shave some weight and push at least 200 hp it will be right next to the Si and the GTI. Should out handle the gti and si and 0-60 times would be fairly good. Not to mention the good mpg's

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Not happy at all. Whats the point you already have non turbod cars why add more to the line. I'd be happy with turbo diesel or anything of that matter but N/A not a wise choice IMO.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
The info quoted in the article has been quoted all over the web on various car websites. I don't think it's BS.
Yeah but I think we've all seen that when one piece of news goes out it goes viral pretty fast!

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Yeah but I think we've all seen that when one piece of news goes out it goes viral pretty fast!
Yep. At this point everything is just rumors. I haven't seen anything that seems truly legit. I think there is a lot of speculation on what will be the next speed. But nothing set in stone yet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts