2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Axela AWD driver
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
We have a new Mazda Demio (mazda 2) coming this week with a new SD card. I would like to make a copy of this card to use in our Axela (Mazda 3).
How can I do this?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just copy the contents before installation.
And count the CID

I have been having trouble to make a copy of the Mazda SD card with two different Navigation maps.

The original version was a 8GB SD card, and I could not find one with same or large sized 8GB SD card to do an exact copy. So I follow the simple copy/paste procedure, but the copied card was not able to be recognized by my car, even though it was recognized by Mazda ToolBox program on my iMac.

Then I got a newer version map which is on a 16GB SD card, and I did the same thing. Reformat the card to FAT-32 format, then copy and paste the files from the native SD card to the new generic SD card. Again the card was recognized by the program as a legit card for my car's VIN (I also drove with the new native card for more than 300 miles before the process). I even made a backup of the new map with Mazda Toolbox (surprisingly fast since I guess it was stored on the Cloud?) and then restored the backup to the copied card. Still, the copied card was not able to be recognized by my car. It is quite frustrated because I keep reading in this forum that the backup copy is supposed to be a simple copy/paste process. Did I do anything wrong? Is there any specific step to do this? What is a CID?

Thanks for all the help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts