2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that there was a new NA map available so I started the Mazda Toolbox. First thing that happened was that it required me to install the update; it would not run the existing version. So I did the update.

Problem 1: There was no desktop icon. I had to find the shortcut in the start menu.

Problem 2: I could not do anything until I put the SD card in. It did identify the SD card alright and I could log in. I recall the old version could do things without the SD card.

Problem 3: I could not find anything in the program to tell me what map version was on my SD card.

Problem 4: I could not tell if there was a new version of maps available. I was given the option to install, but it also said that the version was available as of November 2015, which does not make sense for a new version. I did not do an update.

Problem 5: There is no easy menu navigation in the program. I was trying to find something to tell me 1) what version of the map I had on the SD card, and 2) what was the latest version available. The interface was very clumsy.

Problem 6: I found the card Backup page and ran a backup. But then I could not find where it backed it up. When I then hit the Restore, it told me there were no backups that had been done. Where'd it go? How can I get a real backup done?

Problem 7: I gave up before I found the next problem. Fortunately, when I put the SD card back in the car the navigation started OK.

·
Registered
16 Posts
NEW TOOLBOX

Hi
Add to this that I get after login:
1. Expired connected services - Renew.
2. After pushing "Renew" I am getting: there has been an issue connecting to the server...
Please try again.
3. Trying again and you get again:Expired connected services - Renew.
And it is going on and on.
Any help??

Giora

·
Mazda 3 Owner
124 Posts
Problem 4: I could not tell if there was a new version of maps available. I was given the option to install, but it also said that the version was available as of November 2015, which does not make sense for a new version. I did not do an update.
While it doesn't make sense, it is the new version.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts