2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I joined the forum about a year ago when I purchased a used Mazda 3 iTouring Auto from Hertz Car Sales, it had quite a few miles on it, but was a lot of fun and in good shape. Normally I drive cars until the wheels fall off, but I was offered a very good deal on my trade and decided to take the plunge into my very first new car!

I went for another Mazda and after quite a bit of research I ended up with a brand new 2012 Mazda 3s Touring Auto. I normally wouldn't have gone for the 2.5L, but after quite a bit of research I found an excellent deal on this 2.5L that I simply couldn't refuse. I also would have preferred a manual (yes, I can drive manual), but again, the price was really good. Plus I've been very pleased with the 5-speed automatic in my last Mazda.

So far the car has been excellent. It really is a lot of fun, even with the automatic, and I'm enjoying having a sunroof again!

Overall I'm very excited, it is my first brand new car! I'm looking forward to continuing being part of the Mazda Community.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I know few people buy the 2.5L anymore but it has been very fun. Plus the local dealer discounted it a lot to try and clear out their remaining 2.5L stock, so I ended up with more equipment for less money than they were offering on a SkyActiv.

Don't get me wrong, I think the SkyActiv is great (I've been researching for a while), this was just a better deal at the time and place. Plus it fit why I was looking for, a new car that has a good reliability record and is fun to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum Serenity Mazda! Tell us your plans and post some pics. If you have any questions feel free to ask us here on your thread.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum Serenity Mazda! Tell us your plans and post some pics. If you have any questions feel free to ask us here on your thread.
I will post some pictures this evening.

I actually don't have any plans at the moment, I've never modified a car before, I've generally just left them stock. While I don't have much spare cash at the moment I would appreciate any suggestions that are low cost/relatively simple. I'm trying to get better about doing my own work on my cars.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts