2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2010 Mazda 3 sport hatch 2.5, with the 6 speed manual transmission. Seems like a great car, its bone stock and I can't wait to start tuning it! What kind of mods should i do first? I am sure the Air intake and exhaust are on the top of list as well as suspension work. I am puting new brake pads on the rear and cv joints up front, possibly a new set of wheel bearings as well. The car only has 113k miles on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You have a great looking Mazda. You should be able to find a lot of information in the second generation section of the forum.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S Grand Touring, 6spd Manual, Soul Red
68 Posts
I just bought a 2010 Mazda 3 sport hatch 2.5, with the 6 speed manual transmission. Seems like a great car, its bone stock and I can't wait to start tuning it! What kind of mods should i do first? I am sure the Air intake and exhaust are on the top of list as well as suspension work. I am puting new brake pads on the rear and cv joints up front, possibly a new set of wheel bearings as well. The car only has 113k miles on it.
I would say from that picture that the very first thing you should do is get a 3m headlight restoration kit and a screwgun..

These cars really can’t be improved much with bolt-ons.

The exceptions, I think, are the bushings for the shifter housing, short shifter kit, and maybe stiff motor mounts. If you want to put an aftermarket exhaust to make it louder and maybe squeak a few extra HP out of it, but I didn’t even bother with that.

If you’re planning on turbo-ing and tuning it for high octane, that’s a different story.

BTW, I have a 95a AWR rear motor mount for the 2nd gen that’s never been installed if you want it. It was sent to me in error, my 3 is a 3rd gen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Alright, I might take you up on that offer for the motor mount. I was thinking of intake and exhaust with a 2.3 turbo swap in the future, maybe next year. I'd want to find a buyer for my engine before I do that, or just turbo the 2.5. I'm buying new brake pads, wheel bearings, cv joints, and headlights next week.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S Grand Touring, 6spd Manual, Soul Red
68 Posts
FYI, AWR is taking my mount back and fabbing me one. So the RMM for the 3rd gens may become available on the website. You’re all welcome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts