2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the little known secret of Mazda's aftermarket wheels can be found here:

https://mazdashop.ca/collections/wheels

I noticed as of Friday, they added two new wheels: M013, and M014. You'll notice the design is waaaay different than Mazda's typical wheel design. I first noticed a design change the upcoming Mazda6 that should be released in about 6 weeks according to my dealership (I'll have some tough decisions to make -- haha). I thought the new wheels for the Mazda6 looked like they belonged on a Lincoln, but I guess that means they're capturing their "mature elegance" design.

So anyway, here was the specific links to the new wheels:

M013: https://mazdashop.ca/collections/wheels/products/mazda-m013-alloy-rims-titanium-16-17

M014: https://mazdashop.ca/collections/wheels/products/mazda-m014-alloy-rims-hyper-silver-dark-18-19

Also of note: the M012s were originally only available in 20s; however, in recent weeks they've come out with several different sizes (I'm sure the 19s are on their way soon). I have these on the wife's CX-5 -- GORGEOUS wheel!

M012: https://mazdashop.ca/collections/wheels/products/mazda-m012-alloy-rims-matte-gunmetal-16-17-18-20

Happy ogling all

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
@Chazzy J, you are the master about learning about Mazda wheels, and perhaps within the next year, you will also be the leader of the pack for the most sets of beautiful wheels on a Mazda!

·
Super Moderator
6,386 Posts
From the manual, sec 3-51
Your Mazda is not designed for towing.
Never tow a trailer with your Mazda
I think the "accessory hitch" listed on the Mazda 3 page is for the bike rack lower down the page. Its not a trailer hitch by any means.
The 1.25" hitch elsewhere on the site is for the CX-5.

·
Awesome Member
41 Posts
Chaz,

The M012 looks great. Do you happen to have info on the weight?

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chaz,

The M012 looks great. Do you happen to have info on the weight?
I do not unfortunately. I never put them on a scale -- they went directly to the dealership and got installed on the wife's CX-5. I would suspect they're no lighter than 60lbs/ea with tires and air. The rim itself? Maybe 35 - 40lbs? There's really not much to the design itself. But I'm honestly not sure...

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My pocket doesn't agree, $320 per wheel is a rip off.

I can get Enkei for less
I happen to agree on the MazdaSpeed3 wheels -- those things are outrageously expensive. But to each their own.

The other wheels are very reasonably priced. You have to keep in mind that these wheels meet VIA and JWL spec certifications. The quality, finish, and craftsmanship far exceeds most aftermarket wheels. Aftermarket wheels always appear as just that, "aftermarket". That's not to say they're not nice, but you can easily tell when a wheel is aftermarket due to materials and specs they use.

All I can say is you're getting exactly what you pay for when it comes to aftermarket wheels, and the M0xx-class wheels are no different. They're pricier for a reason, but if it's quality you're concerned about, that won't be a problem. Fit and finish appears 100% OEM.

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I personally like the mazda3speed and the M008.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Yes, those M008s are gorgeous. My dealership has sold 3 sets of those already. All for Mazda6s too. A really nice wheel and the finish is gorgeous

·
Registered
170 Posts
I happen to agree on the MazdaSpeed3 wheels -- those things are outrageously expensive. But to each their own.

The other wheels are very reasonably priced. You have to keep in mind that these wheels meet VIA and JWL spec certifications. The quality, finish, and craftsmanship far exceeds most aftermarket wheels. Aftermarket wheels always appear as just that, "aftermarket". That's not to say they're not nice, but you can easily tell when a wheel is aftermarket due to materials and specs they use.

All I can say is you're getting exactly what you pay for when it comes to aftermarket wheels, and the M0xx-class wheels are no different. They're pricier for a reason, but if it's quality you're concerned about, that won't be a problem. Fit and finish appears 100% OEM.
They sure look nice but for that much dough I can get something of higher quality.

Btw, Enkei makes the wheels for most japanese car manufacturers including mazda

·
Registered
718 Posts
I like the M013 but the 14 looks way to busy to me, anyone else agree?

And.. what do these weigh? I get sick of companies saying "light weight" when talking about wheels that weigh up in the 30 pound range and are still expensive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like the M013 but the 14 looks way to busy to me, anyone else agree?

And.. what do these weigh? I get sick of companies saying "light weight" when talking about wheels that weigh up in the 30 pound range and are still expensive.
30lbs is definitely not lightweight to my books... I'd say it depends in the size of the wheel and also whether it is forged or cast... those factors matters..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
I bet they are cast
They certainly are, for that price. The OEM wheels are cast too. Cast is fine, as long as it's done right and designed right; you're not going to get the best strength/weight with casting, so you have to make up for it with more material, so the wheel weight goes up. This is largely why the standard OEM wheels are so heavy.

So you can get perfectly good cast wheels (proof: OEM wheels), but they're just not going to be as lightweight, with the same strength and durability, as you can get with a forged wheel. But forged wheels cost an absolute fortune.

·
Registered
63 Posts

I agree. You can always tell an aftermarket wheel on a car. Thanks for creating this post. I'm actually surprised at how cheap most of the wheels cost. $130 for a wheel from a car manufacturer is cheap. The $300+ wheels look nice but not sure $200 more nice. I'm sure I could figure this out by is this free shipping even on their wheels? I know their other items when you get over a certain price I think is free shipping. Which width are the original wheels? 7.75 or 8 on the 18's?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts