2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Mazda 3 sedan will be delivered soon and I was wondering what everyone thinks looks better. Does the car look better with or without the "Mazda3" badge on the back?

I tend to lean to without so will probably ask the dealer to get someone to take it off. Is there someone who perhaps has a photo of one without the brand and model badge?

·
Super Moderator
4,870 Posts
The Mazda 3 badges on the sedan up until now have been just stuck on with 3M tape, as are the SkyActiv badges. On the hatch there are 3 pins in addition to the tape on the Mazda 3 badges.
The badges are quite easy to remove. A bit of heat from a hair dryer, then work some dental floss or fishing line under the badge to cut through the tape. It should come off with no issues. To remove the tape residue left on the car, a bit of WD40 or other mild solvent will take care of it. I used a rag with some gasoline, took less than a minute to get it clean.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Mazda 3 badges on the sedan up until now have been just stuck on with 3M tape, as are the SkyActiv badges. On the hatch there are 3 pins in addition to the tape on the Mazda 3 badges.
The badges are quite easy to remove. A bit of heat from a hair dryer, then work some dental floss or fishing line under the badge to cut through the tape. It should come off with no issues. To remove the tape residue left on the car, a bit of WD40 or other mild solvent will take care of it. I used a rag with some gasoline, took less than a minute to get it clean.
Are you sure that the hachtback has this 3 pins on the Mazda badges? I've seen pictures in this forum of hachtbacks without the badges

·
Registered
103 Posts
Are you sure that the hachtback has this 3 pins on the Mazda badges? I've seen pictures in this forum of hachtbacks without the badges
Every hatch I've seen so far has pins.
If you really want to know, take your badges off and see if they have the pins.....
I can confirm, my 2019 hatch had no pins and was really easy to remove. I don’t have a plug near my car for a hairdryer so I just used really hot water and it was a breeze to remove with floss.

My new Mazda 3 sedan will be delivered soon and I was wondering what everyone thinks looks better. Does the car look better with or without the "Mazda3" badge on the back?

I tend to lean to without so will probably ask the dealer to get someone to take it off. Is there someone who perhaps has a photo of one without the brand and model badge?
I was hesitant about removing the “Mazda 3” because I like the new font but I did a quick photoshop version and it convinced me it looks better without. I have a hatch so I wanted the focus to be on that “booty” haha!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2019 hatch and I am thinking of removing the skyact badge (maybe the Mazda3 badge too). However I had a ceramic coating put on the car already. Do you think there would be a colour difference under the badge or a noticeable faded mark where the badge used to be?

·
It's never finished
34 Posts
Also not a sedan, but I prefer the debadged look myself too. Gives it a nicer cleaner look as opposed to the TV-like CNN corner branding that cars now seem to have. Multiple fonts too... arg.

·
It's never finished
34 Posts
Looks great. I have to ask again, who supplied the stripes? Installed yourself or professionally done?
DId it all myself. The bulk Vinyl came from various sources (Vvivid and Amazon), then I cut all the stripes by hand and installed them dry. You can do it wet as well (ie with water and a few drops of dish soap) - but I know from experience that dry works better, especially on curves. Turned out really great in the end. Everyone who sees it in person assumes it's a professional paint job.

FYI - in regards to the OP, the badges were quite easy to remove - be sure to use a heat gun though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts