2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
I've got a 2010 Mazda 3 2.0 sedan that's liquid silver.

I did not have the bucks to buy rims to replace the scraped hubcaps so I sanded them, cleaned them up and plastidipped them flat black. I did the rear emblem too :wink:

I want to mod my exhaust and I was wondering what you recommend. There's bolt on kits out there but I am not in a position to buy these (400 + is out of budget). I could, however, get a free mufflers if I could only find cheap used stock one to scavenge the pipe assembly from the cat to the muffler I would cut and weld a straight one. Any idea who would have a spare stock one after upgrading?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Post pics of your 3! Used to have an old 2.0 sedan was a great car. Anyway suggestion for you if you want an exhaust for cheap and kinda retain the oem look get a stock speed abe exhaust members usually sell them for 150-200. They are bolt on just needs a lil modification on the tips. If you have any questions feel free to ask us here on your thread.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
welcome to the forum

exhaust....I had a 08' mz3 and just did a muffler delete. cost was $50. it sounded great! I think the genpu mz3 has 2 muffler if I am thinking correctly. so maybe $100 to delete them.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks a lot for the feedback! I am adding pics of my ride.

I have a set of Eibach pro line ion the way to drop it 1.2 inches round, and a re-locator on "eBay bid" right now. if I get that that'll be the second mod.

Regarding exhaust, it's only one tip, and I am till looking into getting a free "straight " smaller muffler and chop off the stock one to scavenge the pipe that goes to the cat. I will look into the speed abe exhaust, thanks. I tried to use the "search post" function but not very smart with forums so I'll keep digging.

More updates to come, and if anyone installed the Eibach 5553.140 10-11 Mazda 3 Pro Lowering Kit and has any feedback on the instal, lemme know.

thanks!

Laurent

Attachments

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Only issue with getting a speed axle back is that's it's a dual outlet and your 2.0 is a single outlet. You would need to cut out another home in your bumper which I don't recommend.
Well 2 issues. Either the hatch is longer than the sedan or vice versa.

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts
Only issue with getting a speed axle back is that's it's a dual outlet and your 2.0 is a single outlet. You would need to cut out another home in your bumper which I don't recommend.
Well 2 issues. Either the hatch is longer than the sedan or vice versa.
I think the tips would need to be extended on a sedan.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Brain fart. I can't seem to remember which one is longer.

I think your right that they have to be extended on the sedan.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
YAY!!! I just won the bid for a license relocation kit tow plate custom

This is going to be awesome (but as you will know eventually it will probably get Palsti-dipped flat back before use)

Anyone has a good tip to plug the old holes from the stock center mount, or any ways to prevent from theft reality hits)? If yes please let me know, Thanks!

Laurent

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is my problem, I don't have access to pipe bender or welder so unless I get a bolt on, anything used going for over 100 bucks will get expensive to mod as I need to go to a shop.

Any idea? Sorry I am a broken record but it's my major issue here...

Also regarding the Eibach Proline lowering kit. It seems that these can be swapped without any other parts upgrades, witch is why I got these. It even said i the listing no alignment was required after instal. Is that correct? I read around and I can't confirm for sure.

Thanks in advance!

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
For the exhaust it won't cost much at a shop to get the tips extended.

For the springs get an alignment. They might say you don't need one but I would highly recommend it. One alignment is cheaper than 2 tires. Also get the rear camber arms as well.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
The mazda 3 runs negative camber from the factory. When you lower one it makes the negative camber worse. It will wear the inside of the rear tires. If your only dropping 1.2 or so it won't be to bad but I'd still say get them when you can. You can get away without getting them at first. Once you lower the car keep an eye on the rear tires and see how they are wearing.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Finally installed my relocation kit, and plugged those bumper holes ... Can't wait for the drop!

swerv0428, thanks so much for the explanation
where did you get the relocater at?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts