2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone 
I am new to the forum and I am glad to say that the reason I am posting here is that I ordered my first new car and this is Mazda 3. right now I own Mazda 6 2004 2 liter Executive model and it's fantastic car, but the time is come to move on…
I still didn't make the full payment for the car and actually I have only till tomorrow to fulfill all paperwork in the bank (this is a 5 year financing program).
I ordered the Sedan Premium Model which is the most equipped one with the astonishing (to my opinion) Red Finish.  Anyway, few days ago I realized that the interior front air vents (AC) which located in the center of the dashboard are non closable. Meaning you can only move them right left up and down. But not entirely close. I have to say that this was like a bomb in my face :surprise:
How it is possible that Mazda made such a failure in such a simple design?!
I noticed that the models that will arrive in the next 2017 year already changed and they do have those…(mine also will be register as 2017 model by the way)
I am thinking seriously to hold on my Order and get the next model. But, and this is a huge BUT, I will lose the big discount I got as part of the end year sail. Probably around 2000 bucks. Therefore I am asking for your perspective here on this issue. Am I blowing this out of proportion? Or somebody else here also got frustrated from it or just bothered from it and wished he had it?

Thanks a lot to all of you in advance
Happy Hanukkah and Happy Christmas to all

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Odd as it may sound, but I know of some who prefer the pre-facelift...& not because of discounts offered. If you're among them, would you value them mid-vent switches $2k?:) The Facelift has GVC & some other features added. Where would you be happier?:)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Frankly, I wish I had waited. Regarding the air vents, wife gets cold easily and I am hot, so those being able to close would be a help for us I think. Some of the things I noted that I love about the new 2017 model are listed here. I still love my car though, a lot.

1. Sport switch
2. Cruise control
3. Led dynamic headlamps
4. G vectoring
5. Front parking sensors
6. Electronic parking brake
7. Side airbags
8. Vent close capable
9. Blind spot detection
10. Large door pockets
11. Better sound insulation
12. Colour adaptive display
13. Covered cup holder
14. Red brake callipers
15. Dual zone climate control

·
Registered
181 Posts
That is a country specific thing. My 2015 EU has the closing vents. Just order the part and replace it yourself if it's that much important to you.

·
Registered
178 Posts
To bad they just can't list all the things available and let you choose. I though the open close vents were only on the 6 as a luxury item.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frankly, I wish I had waited. Regarding the air vents, wife gets cold easily and I am hot, so those being able to close would be a help for us I think. Some of the things I noted that I love about the new 2017 model are listed here. I still love my car though, a lot.

1. Sport switch
2. Cruise control
3. Led dynamic headlamps
4. G vectoring
5. Front parking sensors
6. Electronic parking brake
7. Side airbags
8. Vent close capable
9. Blind spot detection
10. Large door pockets
11. Better sound insulation
12. Colour adaptive display
13. Covered cup holder
14. Red brake callipers
15. Dual zone climate control
Thanks Man
Part of the things you mentioned above, are included in the model i ordered. 1,2,3,7,15
What do you mean by: Colour adaptive display ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To bad they just can't list all the things available and let you choose. I though the open close vents were only on the 6 as a luxury item.
I guess they can. but then it would be a special order, therfore more money to spend

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a country specific thing. My 2015 EU has the closing vents. Just order the part and replace it yourself if it's that much important to you.

WOW this is major turn of events...:laugh2:
Do you think that this part with the pulley, is atached as stand alone and doesn't include any electronic wires or switches? means is it just the outside cover that should be replaced?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Interesting, I've had this car for over 3 years and never noticed it doesn't close. I guess it would be nice to be able to close each vent but no biggie, I've always left them open on all my cars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Guys
First off all I need to say that I really appreciate each and every one of you for your comments and help.
After speaking with the distributor, I dig a bit further on this, and look what I found. It is so strange...
When viewing the Israeli Mazda site
????? | Mazda 3 Sedan
under the category of interior there are actually two different pictures of the interior. one with the pulley in the center and the other one without. but look carefully the one without is an automatic transmission and the one with is manual. after seeing the picture posted by tarahumara, I realized that probably those with manual transmission have the pulley.
now going to the US site. it shows the new 2017 Mazda 3 with manual transmission and here it's without the pulley:death:

anyway, I am guessing that even if I would want to wait for the mid 2017 models, there is no assurance that it will come with the closing feature.

Thanks again

Attachments

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
That is what you need. Check that link.
MAZDA 3 2014 RHD AIR VENTS KIT BHN264830 / BHN264730 | eBay

Thanks a lot tarahumara. Great Info :clap:

i will need only the center, because on the side vents there is the open close function. Go figure...:laugh2:
Hi @Amador (and all). I live in Massachusetts. I'll bite the bullet on this one. I've got an email request in with the seller on this item to see if he'll ship these to me. If he does, I already know what needs to be done to install them. It's going to be a little bit tricky because of the "silver" trim -- my sGT has the "bright" trim. So I need to remove the trim and replace. I've already had that area apart a couple times, so it is possible, just going to take some time. The trim appears to just "snap" in there, but I'm not sure if it comes out w/o breaking the clips.

I don't know how else to get this part as easily as just ordering it. I'm sure there are methods of reaching out to people and see who generous enough to take their time to ship it. Ironically, I did try TascaParts.com with the part number that was given and the part number did come up, but there's no mention as to whether it has the pulleys or not -- my guess is no since it's a U.S. parts catalog.

End of the day, I'll research this for you and document if I can get it to happen.

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
UPDATE: I've placed the order with the guy on ebay to get it shipped. I should have the part some time around the middle of January. Once I get the part I'll give it a look over. I'm still not certain how I'm going to get the trim off. If it just pops off, then fantastic, I'll just need to be gentle with it. However, the prongs that hold it in may have been soldered in -- that's ok too. I'll just need to be gentle with a dremel, some gorilla glue, and some very tiny eyeglasses screws (can you tell I've taken on such projects in the past?). All of this could've been avoided if this part came from a higher trim model with the "bright" trim -- haha.

We'll see how it plays out. I'm pretty confident I can get this to work and look seamless. Again, I'll document the heck out of it with pictures and stuff. I'll aim to have this completed as soon as the part arrives.

Cheers all.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts