2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First Mazda I've ever had an excited, new to me, 2016 2.2 Skyactiv diesel with auto transmission at 70k miles.

Had it for a week now and it's been great, I'm just wondering if my mpg is correct? Total avg of mixed driving is current 38mpg.
Did a 5 hour drive to Scotland with cruise set at 70mph and my total mpg was only 38mpg. I could notice when the dpf regen kicked in which happened maybe 3 times? Picture attached. Expected a lot better.

In city driving I averaged 19mpg over 45 minutes which was pretty dreadful, even let the car warm up for 15mins.

Worth taking it in for a check or do you think this is normal for a Mazda diesel? Will be changing the fuel filter this weekend.
Thanks
Electronics Display device Technology Electronic device Font

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've a 2015 2.2 diesel hatchback with a manual transmission for these last 3 years. I never get less than 53mpg in town driving conditions. On the motorway at 70mph I averaged just over 60mpg. Foot not too heavy on the accelerator pedal, just normal driving it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm on a 66 plate manual with it remapped using versatune. When I'm commuting, about 40 miles each way mostly on the motorway I get averages around 54 mpg driving like a nun or mid 40s driving it like it was meant to. Don't nurse these 2.2 skyavtiv D's trying to get hybrid mpg figures, I did that for my first year of ownership and ended up needing an engine carbon clean and that was after the intake shutter valve & pcm update recall. Mpg was identical before remapping by the way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll probably have it looked at by the garage then, was expecting mid 40s overall. But not even get 40mpg on long motorway stretches is a bit worrying
Thanks for the comparisons

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll probably have it looked at by the garage then, was expecting mid 40s overall. But not even get 40mpg on long motorway stretches is a bit worrying
Thanks for the comparisons
Ever get a solution to this? I was averaging 60mpg on long drives and it's dropped to like 45?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts