2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

New kid on the block!

Tags
block kid
762 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Atom_lou 
#1 ·
Yo yo ..

So I got my 2010 Mazda 3 grand touring 2.5 hatch about 11 months ago and started modding 4 months ago.

First thing I did is changed to ngk XI iridium plugs and a cork sport SRI followed that. I loved the added power so I decided to buy a magnaflow universal high flow cat with 2.5" I.D. And a flowmaster 80 series cris's flow muffler . Had a local shop weld it up with 2.5" pipeing and 3" tips and kept the factory resonator . Now I had my Mazda sounding good so I decided to paint my dust cap emblems on my wheels (pain in the a$$) and my rear "Mazda 3" emblem. Shortly after that I got 2 Rockford Fosgate 12" subs with a p400 amp and got all my inteerior light changed to green bulbs from euro light. I also painted the emblem on the engine cover along with the lettering. Then I ordered the cork sport rear sway bar and got the cork sport mid chassis brace ( all cork sport parts are blue and emblems that I painted are also blue .. Oil filter is too its an AC Delco). I added an extra ground to my TB and noticed a huge diff in throttle response and smoother shifting .cable is a 4 gauge. I have an auto tranny cuz of a injurie I got a few years ago. I also wrapped my consoul panned with 3m di-noc carbon fiber film and am considering the roof and spoiler. I also sent my ecu to jet chips to have the timing advanced and custom fuel mapping (worth every penny)

But yeah thats about all I think I have done so far. I am considering the vtcs delete but don't quite understand it.. It would be awesome if some one could explain what it is and why I should do it that would be dank!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum Atom_lou! Post some pics of your car! And nice start to your mod list. Would you be so kind and give us some dyno results if you have any for the ECU reflash as I have never heard of jet chips. What other plans do you have and it would be awesome if you could start a build thread!

#3 ·
Welcome! Sounds like you have some nice mods there. Looking forward to pics!

#6 ·
Yea jet chips ! You send in the ecu and they don't create new files just mod the factory ones some how and send it back over night.. Won't let me upload pics from my iPhone.. Guess I have to start a photo bucket account or post a video on YouTube .

The rear sway bar is awesome. Best bang for my buck yet but I also did the mid chassis brace at the same time ...

My next mod I am considering is changeling the angle on my crank pos sensor but jet advanced it 4 degrees already so I dunno if it's a good idea or not

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.