2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some reminders when updating your Mazda SD navigation card.

-Will take 35 to 40 minutes to download and install...
-Make sure to backup your current copy on Mazda toolbox (if you haven't done so already) prior to updating to new version should you have any issues and then backup the updated (new) version onto Mazda toolbox so you have both copies stored.
-Always Always Always, properly eject SD card using the computer taskbar tool...Random corruption can occur to any media when ejected improperly.
-I always suggest making at least one backup SD card for safe keeping...the process is simple but takes several minutes per SD copy. Just copy the 2 files separately (Content & License) from the Mazda SD to your desktop (you can create new folder if you want but not necessary), eject the Mazda SD, insert new SD and then copy those 2 files over to new SD separately. The license file copies instantly, the content file will take 10+ minutes to copy to the new SD. All previous data or maps must be deleted first from the new SD. If you do have a prior map installed, that will take another 5 minutes +/- to delete.
-All copies should be recognized in Mazda toolbox just as the original Mazda SD and therefore should work properly in the car's navigation system.

Updated July 2018 map data added about 80 MB of data and 2 additional files.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi, I am not familiar with Mazda toolbox? Is this a dealer computer or program? I just had my car in for a couple small issues 2 days ago and they updated my firmware. I'm guessing this doesn't include a map update to my OEM navigation.

Thanks for any insight.

·
*The Electrician*
905 Posts
Can this be done without a computer? Using say an android box? I don't own a computer.

·
*The Electrician*
905 Posts

·
'18 M3HGTP Eternal Blue
77 Posts
According to Mazda, only Windows or OSX/Apple: Mazda Connect

Get thee to a library, but you'll need to ask about installing a program (I did IT for a library as part of my career, our computers were in sandbox mode, completely erased/refreshed themselves on each reboot so people could install most anything that didn't require admin rights... not everyone offers the same). Else you'll need to find another source for a Windows or Apple computer

·
Registered
245 Posts
The Naviextras site shows only a February update, not the July 2018. Where is the July update?
It shows July 2018 for me. Maybe try clearing your browser cache/history and reloading the site? But that page is often updated very late, so it's not really a reliable indicator of when an update is available.

The only way to be sure is to open the Mazda Toolbox program and check for the July update. It should be there. I got it back in July.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts