2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone just recently purchased a 2016 mazda 3 hatchback. I needed a vehicle that was great on gas since I have a 2 hour commute 5 days a week. I had an Xterra completely fixed up the way I wanted but it killed me in gas. Anyways, I really like the car just wish it was a bit faster but after reading up a bit I realize it's not lol. I've already put a k&n air filter in it, painted the calipers red, blacked out wheels and emblems, hydrodipped the mirror covers carbon fiber, tinted the windows, put a carbon fiber 3 piece front splitter on it, leds all around including yellow foglights (except headlight and brights), Drl dogfight covers, cheap vinyl sideskirt lol, put cheap 4" tips on it, and put a corksport rear sway bar and engine/transmission mount on it. I also purchased the corksport SRI and box, but removed it after 2 weeks SMH I thought it was too loud. I'm probably going to remove the mount as well due to the vibrations even though it's the softest setting. I do however love the rear sway bar. Anyways just figured I'd say hello. 20210515_180457.jpg 20210515_180524.jpg 20210515_180416.jpg 20210515_180329.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello and welcome. RE: the motor mount, I believe several people on this forum have had that issue alievated when they get a OVT tune, by asking the tuner to increase the idle RPM to be slightly higher (ie. a few hundred RPMs) which helps/eliminates the issue. You could try this if you do decide to go down the route of getting an engine tune for your vehicle. You can have a search around the forums.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Please post a picture or two of your new Mazda. I would love to see everything you have done.

Mazdas are not the fastest car on the road but they are a great combination of what is important primarily handling, reliability and comfort. My commute is about the same as yours and I never get tired of driving. Even the nights when, after work , I had to get to a high school game an hour and a half in the opposite direction. My wife would always ask: are you sure you want to drive another 3 hours tonight. Why not let’s go. I’ll drive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello and welcome. RE: the motor mount, I believe several people on this forum have had that issue alievated when they get a OVT tune, by asking the tuner to increase the idle RPM to be slightly higher (ie. a few hundred RPMs) which helps/eliminates the issue. You could try this if you do decide to go down the route of getting an engine tune for your vehicle. You can have a search around the forums.
So far I like it for the fuel mileage so I probably won't invest in any kind of tuning but thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forum. Please post a picture or two of your new Mazda. I would love to see everything you have done.

Mazdas are not the fastest car on the road but they are a great combination of what is important primarily handling, reliability and comfort. My commute is about the same as yours and I never get tired of driving. Even the nights when, after work , I had to get to a high school game an hour and a half in the opposite direction. My wife would always ask: are you sure you want to drive another 3 hours tonight. Why not let’s go. I’ll drive.
I guess you're right it is great for handling especially now that I have the rear sway bar on it. As far as reliability that's yet to be determined as this is the first mazda I've ever owned. Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Mazda3 GT 2.5L manual T, Injen SRI SP6066P, otherwise stock (for now....)
1 Posts
I just joined too lol, been looking for anything to make my stock 2017 Mazda3 2.5 GT manual T go a bit faster. I'll look into the rear sway bar, and mebbe some "OVT Tuning", thanks everyone!
btw I've found WoodinvilleDan's "supercharger quest" thread very helpful! Turns out there's hope after all, to get these 3's better hp at higher RPM's. But it's gonna cost me lolol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice car, I like what you have done so far. The RSB was one of my favorite mods I have done on a car...ever. Welcome to the forum. I sent you a message btw

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts