2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Hi Guys! Just picked up a 2019 Mazda 3 Preferred AWD Hatch. Traded in a 2015 Subaru Legacy with an oil leak for it. Very excited to be here. Seems like a good community that is more than willing to help and modify their cars (not something I had with the Legacy forums).
picked this up used, but only has 7300mi on the odo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do you like the mirage?
Actually, I love that little car. It doesnt have good 0-30 time as you would expect, but its 30-60 time is surprisingly good. Combine that with it's lightweight frame and its short wheelbase, and you get a car that is surprisingly fun to drive. Its also super easy to work on which is an added bonus

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That car loves the pedal commander. Just to give it a kick on takeoffs. Super fun.
The 3 does? or did you mean the mirage? I was definitely looking at for my car since I saw a post on here with someone talking about it. You think it makes a difference?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yea, I've had it for 4 years. It makes the car feel much zippier off the line for sure. You can mash the pedal to the floor but its nice just to drive normally and the car jumps. With the pedal commander you can change it on the fly with the app. I don't use the sport plus settings because it always chirps the tires unless you are careful. Sport 3 works great. I haven't met anyone who owns one that doesn't rave about it but they're are tuners here who hate the thing. i have a huge list of mods and pedal commander is easily in the top 3 best things I've done to this car.

Pedal Commander | Throttle Response Controller | PC41 Bluetooth

The slow takeoff delay almost made me sell this little car, it sucked! Much more fun now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, I've had it for 4 years. It makes the car feel much zippier off the line for sure. You can mash the pedal to the floor but its nice just to drive normally and the car jumps. With the pedal commander you can change it on the fly with the app. I don't use the sport plus settings because it always chirps the tires unless you are careful. Sport 3 works great. I haven't met anyone who owns one that doesn't rave about it but they're are tuners here who hate the thing. i have a huge list of mods and pedal commander is easily in the top 3 best things I've done to this car.

The slow takeoff delay almost made me sell this little car, it sucked! Much more fun now.

View attachment 281605
Out of curiosity does it only affect the accellorator pedal or does it also have an effect on cruise control as well? (I use the automatic cruise control daily)

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's a good question. I don't think it works with my radar cruise control (i have tech package) and the slow giddy up could just be the slow radar gun in the front when someone moves out of the way, it charges hard, just not fast to jump as pedal for sure. Not sure how it would work with standard cruise. My guess, since it directly interfaces wit the pedal, it that it wont help with cruise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 281565

Hi Guys! Just picked up a 2019 Mazda 3 Preferred AWD Hatch. Traded in a 2015 Subaru Legacy with an oil leak for it. Very excited to be here. Seems like a good community that is more than willing to help and modify their cars (not something I had with the Legacy forums).
picked this up used, but only has 7300mi on the odo

Are these newer models turbo ?

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 S-GT
2 Posts

View attachment 281605
I love the rim protectors and the black wheels. When I replace my tires, I want to get the rim protectors. Did you install them yourself?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had metal rim protectors called wheel gators? They would scratch and I would have to replace them. I decide to go for a reflective 3m stripe and clearcoat over it. Now when i get a scratch, its a quick repair.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's a good question. I don't think it works with my radar cruise control (i have tech package) and the slow giddy up could just be the slow radar gun in the front when someone moves out of the way, it charges hard, just not fast to jump as pedal for sure. Not sure how it would work with standard cruise. My guess, since it directly interfaces wit the pedal, it that it wont help with cruise.
Very nice. Unfortunatly it doesnt look like they have one for 4th gen just yet. I'll keep my eyes out for it though, because you piqued my interest on it for sure.

Awesome car!
Thank you!

Are these newer models turbo ?
They do make a turbo model yes, but I wasn't able to afford it so mine is just NA. Still, 186HP from an NA engine is pretty good in my book

·
Registered
118 Posts
they must have just released it: Base model 2019 3

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
they must have just released it: Base model 2019 3

Oh wow, that was fast lol. Probably going to grab this when I can afford it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts