2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to this forum, im just trying to get familiar with it all. My name's Nick, im from a small small town in south jersey. I live in philly now, going to Drexel, getting raped by demanding classes. I just traded in my 2007 speed 3 for a 2011 gen 2 speed3. Ill miss my gen 1 for sure. I put Bc coils on it, motor mounts, Forge bpv, just simple bolt on stuff, nothing serious. But man oh man am I in love with the gen 2. Im looking forward to interacting on an active forum with people that all like the smile on the grill!! im tired of people hating on it haha

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

What made you decide to upgrade to the 2nd gen Speed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, I don't mind the front end. Just painted the bumper same color as car(graphite mica) and it looks a heck of a lot better. What do you all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Yeah, I don't mind the front end. Just painted the bumper same color as car(graphite mica) and it looks a heck of a lot better. What do you all think?
I think you should paint mine too! I have the chrome accent on the front bumper and that's my least favorite part of my car! :argh 1:

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Pics??

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Have you considered painting the chrome accent? Ive seen a few do this and it looks pretty good.
Yeah, I've considered it, but I guess I'm not gutsy enough to do it myself. I'm not real confident with paint, that's why I still haven't painted my badges either. :001_unsure:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think that looks great. :thumbup1 1: I don't hate the front end, but still... Amazing what a little paint can do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, I've considered it, but I guess I'm not gutsy enough to do it myself. I'm not real confident with paint, that's why I still haven't painted my badges either. :001_unsure:
Don't worry about doing it yourself, it would be such a hassle and easy to mess up if you don't know what you are doing. I know NOTHING about painting a car, but I used same company I've used in the past and trusted them with this job. They told me, due to the circumstances, that they would not be able to warranty the job. So I am taking a gamble, but if I keep it waxed and protect the clear coat it should last as long as the original paint. Find a picture of the job you want done and take it somewhere that is recommended. Show them EXACTLY what you want. I can't imagine that job costing more than $50.
Hope it works out for you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think that looks great. :thumbup1 1: I don't hate the front end, but still... Amazing what a little paint can do.
Thanks! Are you thinking of doing something similar? What do you think of the new 2012 look? After this easy modification, I actually prefer this front end look over the newer look.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks! Are you thinking of doing something similar? What do you think of the new 2012 look? After this easy modification, I actually prefer this front end look over the newer look.
I agree with you that this looks better than the 2012 front end. It breaks it up without making it look like every other compact out there. I know quite a few people have said they like the 2012 better than the one on there now but I'm not seeing much of a difference between them, at least not in the photo I've seen. Your car really breaks up the grill into a different look, a better look, at least imo. I can't believe Mazda has not tried this in their prototypes and didn't do this instead for 2012, or maybe the change they did plus the paint match. I like it enough to look at some local shops and get some quotes. Okay to show your photo to them?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Im new to this forum, im just trying to get familiar with it all. My name's Nick, im from a small small town in south jersey. I live in philly now, going to Drexel, getting raped by demanding classes. I just traded in my 2007 speed 3 for a 2011 gen 2 speed3. Ill miss my gen 1 for sure. I put Bc coils on it, motor mounts, Forge bpv, just simple bolt on stuff, nothing serious. But man oh man am I in love with the gen 2. Im looking forward to interacting on an active forum with people that all like the smile on the grill!! im tired of people hating on it haha
I hope thinking about your next drive in your new MS3 makes getting through classes a little easier!
This is a great place for mod information, anything from simple to complex. Also for upkeep, say like changing a cabin filter.
Congratulations and enjoy.:yes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree with you that this looks better than the 2012 front end. It breaks it up without making it look like every other compact out there. I know quite a few people have said they like the 2012 better than the one on there now but I'm not seeing much of a difference between them, at least not in the photo I've seen. Your car really breaks up the grill into a different look, a better look, at least imo. I can't believe Mazda has not tried this in their prototypes and didn't do this instead for 2012, or maybe the change they did plus the paint match. I like it enough to look at some local shops and get some quotes. Okay to show your photo to them?
Yeah Scout, absolutely. Give me your email addy, and I'll send you better up close pictures if you like. BTW, I paid around $150 for this simple job.

Derek

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BSUBigMac - My gen 1 (which i bought used) was in an accident that i did not know about. It had a random missfire that i could not get rid of either. It seems that i bought someone elses problem. I was running out of warrenty so i figured ill take the safe route and get a new one. It was a more expensive route, but i am a lot more happier with this decision.

E.Tinker - as of now im keeping it stock for awhile. My main reason cause i cant afford mods. Im not going to do an intake and all that stuff because i do not want to deal with the related problems. They spend millions making the car the way it is, why change it? If anything i will do suspension and such like my gen 1. but no rush on any of that

·
Registered
10 Posts
just another angle. Seems like this car looks different each time I look at it. Also depending on light. Anyone else notice this on their cars?

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts