2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I lurk on the site all the time, there is so much information that comes up when I do a search, I was hoping someone here could get me some condensed information.

I have a 2016 Mazda 3, basic model, it didn’t come with the Nav system but I could have bought the SD card from the dealer for about $200. Long story, short...I didn’t and now wish I did.
I see on eBay I can buy a certified (so they say) new OEM Mazda SD card for around $50.
My question is, is this legit? Are there better alternatives? I see these firmware update all over here, but haven’t a clue what they’re talking about.
Any help or guidance or “how to’s” would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought a 2016 Mazda 3 and purchased the Nav on eBay for around 50 dollars. It worked perfectly. I will send you the link in a private message cause not sure of the rules for posting non sponsered vendors on this site. I am like you I mainly lurcher on the site.

As far as the firmware updates I have not played with those as you have to hack your computer system and warnings of boot locking it up and I am not sure I want to chance it.

·
Registered
'15 Mazda3
167 Posts
I have a '15 3, I waited to buy the nav card also, and I am sorry I waited. The ebay card is probably legit, BUT I bought mine from the dealer, because it would be covered by my car warranty and I get 2 years of free updates. I think updates cost around $50.

·
Registered
485 Posts
So are you interested only in legal way of getting Navigation, or any cheaper way suites you, including basically free, but illegal ways of getting Navigation?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
A suggestion: I also did not buy the nav as it would have cost me $500. My phone works better for free. I'm sure yours does as well.

Consider installing the aio tweaks. Add Android auto and use Google Maps.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Got mine on eBay for 99 a year ago, works fine and you still get the updates. Now that i'm about to install AA it probaby doesn't matter anymore lol. Don't buy dealer, and yes these cards are legit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought mine on eBay for $63 and it look original. I think the 3 years of updates depend on the card number it self, if it is an old card it might not give you updates at all. The number on mine is BHP1 66 EZ1F and the maps are by NAVTEQ, I think some cards have Tom Tom.
I was told my card number had the updated maps from 2017 and I haven’t try to do any updates yet since it’s been working fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts