2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from lovely North Vancouver, B.C. Canada. I'm not yet a Mazda 3 Sport owner but I am looking to lease by the end of the year. I'm joining this forum to learn about what looks to be an excellent car. I've read some posts and it looks like I'm at the right place. Question: is it okay to ask for dealer recommendations/reviews?

Thanks,

Ph

·
Registered
514 Posts
I live in Vancouver, bought from Freeway Mazda (Mazda6, 2017) in Feb. 2017. Ok to deal with re the deal...but the car has not seen a dealer or an Independent (for Svce) since purchase. I'm the only one who wrenches on my cars... Parts guys treat me well though... Ben is Parts Manager.

Re Purchase or Lease... be 110% sure you have fully tried-out the cylinder deactivation mode under varying conditions and speeds if the car you desire has this (stupid... sorry, YMMV) "feature". Not all trim lines / transmissions DO have this feature.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I THINK the GS trim line 2.5 litre engine, Automatic FWD sedan does NOT have CD. Of course this is not a Sport ( i.e. not a hatchback).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in Vancouver, bought from Freeway Mazda (Mazda6, 2017) in Feb. 2017. Ok to deal with re the deal...but the car has not seen a dealer or an Independent (for Svce) since purchase. I'm the only one who wrenches on my cars... Parts guys treat me well though... Ben is Parts Manager.

Re Purchase or Lease... be 110% sure you have fully tried-out the cylinder deactivation mode under varying conditions and speeds if the car you desire has this (stupid... sorry, YMMV) "feature". Not all trim lines / transmissions DO have this feature.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I don't know what that is but I will search for info. Thanks for the dealer's recommendation. I live a few blocks froim Morrey Mazda. Going to check them out too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Attached two snips of powertrain specifications.... for the 4 door Sedan and the 5 door hatchback. Model year 2020. Canadian models.
Wow, that's mighty kind of you. I did some reading up on cylinder deactivation mode. Seems like it would be a good thing. What are your thoughts? My current Civic is 19 years old. It still has the original stone wheels, a la The Flintstones.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Search for forum member "BilboBaggins"... and his (and Others') bad experiences with CD. Some folks do not seem to experience vibration difficulties (indeed, they may not detect the system operating at all); a sizable number DO. Me, I'm not a fan on a machinery dynamics basis...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts