2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. New around here..

Iv been shopping for a manual four banger grocery getter and found a clean 2008 Mazda 3 hatchback with 116k for sale locally. Can anyone tell me what to look for when I go test drive it or any known issues with this year and model? And maybe what they think a fair value is? He is asking 5200.
If I could post a CL link I would.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,255 Posts
Hey everyone. New around here..

Iv been shopping for a manual four banger grocery getter and found a clean 2008 Mazda 3 hatchback with 116k for sale locally. Can anyone tell me what to look for when I go test drive it or any known issues with this year and model? And maybe what they think a fair value is? He is asking 5200.
If I could post a CL link I would.

Thanks!
Transmission - long pauses between shifts / rebuilt or original, smooth engine idle about 750 rpm, brake fluid colour, engine oil condition, brake pads, tire wear, rust and accidents.

I sold my 2007 Mazda 3 GS sedan CDN $4900. in excellent condition 160,000 km

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Transmission - long pauses between shifts / rebuilt or original, smooth engine idle about 750 rpm, brake fluid colour, engine oil condition, brake pads, tire wear, rust and accidents.

I sold my 2007 Mazda 3 GS sedan CDN $4900. in excellent condition 160,000 km
Thanks for that MrBen.. Pretty normal and common things to check.

So nothing like 06-08 honda's having cracked block issues, or 3rd gen Preludes FRM liners or 98-01 Honda engine oil leaks occurring with Mazda's?

So you paid $3725 usd for a 07 Mazda 3 GS with 100K miles on it.. Good to know and Im guessing $4000 usd for the the clean mazda3 wagon Im considering might be fair..

·
Super Moderator
5,207 Posts
Check the motor mounts, the one on the passenger side especially. These are always a problem on older Mazdas. They are oil filled and leak when they have failed. It'll be pretty noticeable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spend a little $ and take it to a certified Mazda mechanic and have it checked out. Pay now $ or pay later $$$$$$. Does the owner have all the service records showing the scheduled maintenance and what parts were replaced?
Thanks. I haven't got that far yet..

Are pre-cats a issue with this 2008 Mazda 3 hatchback?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts