2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just noticed that there is a new Gracenote available... first in a year and a half. The file is gracenote_NA_September2016.up.

·
Registered
476 Posts
English description is present later in the video too.

I have updated the DB in my car, hoping that it will fix the issue with the wrong name of some artists.
Mazda Infotainment support told me that they know about such issue, and that it will be fixed in one of the upcoming updates (unknown whether Gracenote or Firmware update).

Unfortunately the update did not help. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
What's the difference between gracenote_ADR_September2016.up and gracenote_NA_September2016.up?

I'm a 2014 Mazda3 owner in the US and have been trying to update to this latest gracenote_NA_September2016.up Gracenote package for the past two days with no success. I've tried five different USB drives ranging from 512MB in size all the way up to 32GB (including 4GB and 8GB sizes). I've tried different brands. I've tried formatting as both FAT and FAT32. But each time, although the USB drive is recognized when I plug it into my car's port, when I select the option to search for new music update it tells me no new update was found.

My OS version: 55.00.650 NA N
Music Db version: 00.05.000

Has anyone else successfully updated from Music Db version 00.05.000 to either gracenote_ADR_September2016.up or gracenote_NA_September2016.up?

·
Registered
8 Posts
That did answer the question of the difference between the two versions, thank you.

North American version for US, Mexico and Canada
ADR version (Australian Design Rules) for Australia, NZ, Taiwan, South America, South Africa, Philippines, Thailand, Oceania

Still looking for help with performing the update though since I only noticed the ADR version today, and all my previous attempts were with the NA version.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Has anyone else successfully updated from Music Db version 00.05.000 to either gracenote_ADR_September2016.up or gracenote_NA_September2016.up?
No problem here updating to gracenote_NA_September2016.up, which installed version 00.07.0000.

Are you sure it is in the root of the USB drive and not a folder?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you recall from which version you updated? Can you give me as much information about the USB key you used as possible? What was the make model and size?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts