2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I’m new to Mazda. I recently let go of my old Subaru hatchback. Looking to get into the Mazda3 hatchback. I know there’s a few variations. Which is the best one based on personal opinion? I know there is one with a dual exhaust, does it make a difference. Which is the best bang for my buck? Looking into the older body style as well, 2008 etc

·
Registered
113 Posts
get the 2018 hatch gt...it's the 2.5 liter with 184 hp and 185# torque (the touring and gt are the ones with the dual exhaust) --available in both auto or manual trans.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you can, buy the nicest, unmodified one you can afford from the southwest (AZ, NM) or the southeast (SC, GA) and just drive it home. If you live outside the SnowBelt already, congratulations!!!

Mazdas (and Asian brands in general) rust easily and rapidly compared to German brands who have corrosion protection down to a science. So, if you can't own one from new to help control that (i.e. keep salt off it - especially underneath - and keep it waxed) then you're just going to have to deal with it as a part of the Mazda experience.

Otherwise, learn to do your own maintenance on one and it'll cost you very little to own per year with the reward being a great driving experience for the class and competitors the 3 faces.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts