2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
301 - 320 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Most clubs will probably be associated to the first and second gen MS3's. I'd be down, although I'd probably show up in my Mk5 GTI

The Mazda is a DD for me.

Reactions: lemansbuilder

·
Working Class Hero
3,924 Posts
Come springtime, meets can haopen. I'd love to get a group for indycar at Elkhart Lake in June. Mazda has a big presence there.

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.

·
Working Class Hero
3,924 Posts
For Mazda enthusiasts, the annual IMSA visit to Road America is August 5-6 in Elkhart Lake, WI. Mazda has a huge presence in IMSA, and there is usually a Mazda corral at the track that weekend. Haven't missed the race in years, and don't plan to this year. Sports cars, ftw!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
New Guy
15 Posts
That sounds pretty interesting, although I don't have much of a track car. Just a daily driver plus at this point.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi Everyone. Just letting everyone know that I'm from the Chicago land area. Looking forward to keeping in touch with this thread, just in case there is some kind of event going on around here:)

Free Bump:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey are any of you chicago 3 owners still alive? I want to set up a meet/cruise in early june if possible. Let me hear your voices so I can see if its worth throwing an event. Any mazda welcome.....actually any car welcome, we would just want to have a strong mazda presence.

Thanks,

-Joe

·
Registered
2014 Mazda 3 i Touring 6MT 2.0L
91 Posts
Hey are any of you chicago 3 owners still alive? I want to set up a meet/cruise in early june if possible. Let me hear your voices so I can see if its worth throwing an event. Any mazda welcome.....actually any car welcome, we would just want to have a strong mazda presence.

Thanks,

-Joe

Hey Joe! I’m game! I think many folks use more conventional social media platforms to organize meets but I’m happy to join! Actually attending an autox event at Boomers stadium in Schaumburg this Saturday, 4/28 through Windy City Miata Club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
what are some Mazda 3 performance shops in Chicago or Suburbs?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Does anyone have a specific dealership/technician they go to for warranty/recall work? My rear calipers are sticking and I'm 99% sure it's due to that e-brake recall. I'm out in the Crystal Lake/Algonquin area, so I've traditionally gone to Anderson, but I know there's Biggers Mazda in Elgin too.

·
Working Class Hero
3,924 Posts
I haven't had to see a dealer since I bought the car 2.5 years ago. Napleton bought the dealer I got the car from in Libertyville. I have no idea how they rate. Sorry I can't be of more help.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I haven't had to see a dealer since I bought the car 2.5 years ago. Napleton bought the dealer I got the car from in Libertyville. I have no idea how they rate. Sorry I can't be of more help.

It's been over a year for me as well. I last took it to Anderson to have the head unit flashed to the latest version (the Pandora app was not working/connecting to my iPhone).

·
Working Class Hero
3,924 Posts
I need to get a firmware update before the warranty runs out and have them give it a 30k look over. Reluctantly, I might add...

301 - 320 of 326 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.