2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just upgraded my from three speakers with Infinity REF-3022cfx. And a Pioneer TSW310D4 12-Inch Champion Series Subwoofer.
Both are ran by a Kenwood 5 channel amp 35x4 and 1x350. The improvement was huge But I did notice a lack of mid bass up front.

My next plan is to swap the front door speaker with 8" MTX midbass drivers"96 DB sensitivity " that are 4 ohm. I'm going to run these off the boise amp.
Does anyone think they will fit? If there is a chance I will get them. If not I will put some 6-1/2's in there.

Will post pictures soon

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just upgraded my from three speakers with Infinity REF-3022cfx. And a Pioneer TSW310D4 12-Inch Champion Series Subwoofer.
Both are ran by a Kenwood 5 channel amp 35x4 and 1x350. The improvement was huge But I did notice a lack of mid bass up front.

My next plan is to swap the front door speaker with 8" MTX midbass drivers"96 DB sensitivity " that are 4 ohm. I'm going to run these off the boise amp.
Does anyone think they will fit? If there is a chance I will get them. If not I will put some 6-1/2's in there.

Will post pictures soon
Hi Mate,

You've done enough. Just stop upgrading the speakers, and try this one. I ve got 2015 mazda 3 max with stock non Bose sounds. I run the audio like this.

Samsung Galalaxy TAB>Neutron Audio player in USB direct sound ooutput (+ 30 Band Equalization) > HIFIMe DIY USB DAC > AUX input

This already blows the mind. You will urge for a new power amp once you get addicted to how this drives the system. So much power , clarity and instrument separation. Even now I don't feel like upgrading, but I am planning for a active crossover bi amp+ SW upgrade. But not on speakers yet, coz I really think that the speakers are ok as long as you control the frequencies fed into them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts