2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello 3 Fans,

After lots of research just picked up a real nice 2012 i GT in liquid silver. Planning on spending a lot of time and rolling lots of miles with her and hoping you fine folks can help me keep her looking good and living long. Bought it for a gas-saving and fun-driving alternative to my truck and for this first few days it hasn't disappointed.. Right now I'll be searching for info like whether to change the transmission fluid and if so how often, problems folks have encountered, What to use to protect the leather etc... Greetings and Thanks in advance!

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,276 Posts
Hello 3 Fans,

After lots of research just picked up a real nice 2012 i GT in liquid silver. Planning on spending a lot of time and rolling lots of miles with her and hoping you fine folks can help me keep her looking good and living long. Bought it for a gas-saving and fun-driving alternative to my truck and for this first few days it hasn't disappointed.. Right now I'll be searching for info like whether to change the transmission fluid and if so how often, problems folks have encountered, What to use to protect the leather etc... Greetings and Thanks in advance!
Congrats on your new purchase. Owners manual has the fluid change intervals.

·
Super Moderator
725 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks MrBen and Matagonka.. I'm with you on the manual recommendations. Only mentioned that because I know there's often debate about whether you change fluid at all on some models and I know nothing about Mazdas. I think the controversy is usually around fluid flush. I'll be changing mine :)

·
elliherrera
2 Posts
Hey there, I'm new as well, and to respond to your question regarding trans change I would recommend the Castrol Transmax Import Multi-Vehicle trans fluid or you can buy the actual Mazda M5 fluid from Amazon!

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,276 Posts
Thanks MrBen and Matagonka.. I'm with you on the manual recommendations. Only mentioned that because I know there's often debate about whether you change fluid at all on some models and I know nothing about Mazdas. I think the controversy is usually around fluid flush. I'll be changing mine :)
Yes, my previous Gen 1 / 2007 M3 GS transmission lasted 10yrs with 163,000kms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts