2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to go see a friend of mine on the evening of the 3rd at her apartment and she assured me that it was ok to park anywhere but the covered parking. NOT! Apparently, there is very specific visitor parking that I didn't know about. I walked out to find that my car had been towed. I went to pick it up and $164 later, I had my car back. I didn't notice anything wrong until a friend of mind was looking at my rear passenger wheel well and saw dent in the front part of the wheel well. I called the tow company and they, of course, are saying that all tows are at the risk of the vehicle owner and they have no liability. The estimate for the repair is $1275. Talk about an expensive evening. This sucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Better than $1200+..
You are right about that!! It just really sucks because I've owned the car just over 2 weeks and I don't even have my real plates or have made a single payment yet!

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Ouch! Thats awful. Your number i dont even know how many that has had damage to their car from a towing company. Same principle as always. no one cares about any ones stuff. Now if you had a 200,000 dollar car ill bet it wouldnt have ended up like that. But since its just a mazda who cares right??

When i got my windows tinted my car had only 600 miles on it. The tint company put a nice scratch on my hatch door. Plus i had to go back to have most of the tint re done. I showed them the scratch and they claim it wasnt them. I said to them that i bet the lambo they were working on wouldnt be scratched. Its a shame that just because I didnt buy a 250,000 dollar car that the job was poorly done. Just because it is a 25,000 dollar mazda doesnt mean i dont love my car just as much as that guy loves his lambo.

Anyway i feel sorry for ya. Hopefully the rest of your mazda days are pain free.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ Rherold9 - She is already paying for the towing. I don't expect her to pay for the deductible even though it's partially her fault.

@ swerv0428 - Thanks man. I hope it all turns out OK. I actually have a paint flaw on my hood as well and they are going to repaint my hood for me under warranty while they work on the body damage.

After I get through all this, I want to get a good tint job and am thinking about getting a few ceramic film tint with a windshield stripe.

I hope the rest of my ownership is drama free. I really like driving this car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts