2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few weeks ago I got t-boned in my 2002 Jeep Wrangler; she hit me right between the drivers side front wheel and my door. Was that ever a surreal experience. Feeling much better now but for a couple weeks I was very sore.

This all leads to me and my Girlfriend heading out to find a new vehicle to replace the poor wrecked TJ. After test driving everything out there in the price range we settled on the third generation Mazda3. After drooling over the Titanium colour hatchback in the showroom I knew I had to get it. Fast forward the longest 4 days of my recent life and we finally got the call it was ready. Since picking it up yesterday we've clocked 400km getting to learn the new whip. What an absolute riot to drive.

I've quite interested on how the Mazda3 is going to handle a Calgary winter season, but I plan on getting some winter shoes put on those flashy Mazda mags. Anyone have a Winter Tire recommendation? (I'll go read through the thread) Regardless of the drivetrain's performance through the 11 months of winter we have, at least now I have heated seats and a remote starter! (Block heater came standard, lol)

I got my Wrangler new in 2002, I enjoyed doing work on it and ripping around with the doors and top off. It'll be sadly missed. I'm optimistic about the adventures ahead in this gorgeous and quick hatchback; especially considering how far a tank of gas will get me.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride. If your going new this years models I'd suggest the Michelin XiceI3's if your otherwise I'd go Blizzak

·
Registered
55 Posts
congrats, I drove my '14 GS from Kelowna to alberta and vancouver over the huge passes with Nokian Hakkapeliitta. Car did amazing! the tires are worth every penny btw

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all!

congrats, I drove my '14 GS from Kelowna to alberta and vancouver over the huge passes with Nokian Hakkapeliitta. Car did amazing! the tires are worth every penny btw
The studded variety? I was really considering the R2's which are the studless Hakkapelitta tires from them. I suspect if I go and drop $180-220 per shoe I'm not going to be disappointing either way.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks all!

The studded variety? I was really considering the R2's which are the studless Hakkapelitta tires from them. I suspect if I go and drop $180-220 per shoe I'm not going to be disappointing either way.
Studless, Haven't had an issue ever with them, and even with dry warm pavement here in kelowna between snowfalls the wear was a lot less than i expected. very happy with them

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Sorry to hear about the Jeep, but welcome to the Mazda family fellow Calgarian.
I swear by my Michelin X-Ice Xi3's Great cars and they are fun to drive in the winter!! I prefer my mz3 with winter wheels over my husbands Sierra any day!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts