2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like them just fine! The color isn't a perfect match, but close enough. I feel that they complete the look of the front of the car. Should have come from the factory like this....
oh well..can't have everything.

·
Registered
130 Posts
sweet man. i live right by there. if you dont mind, how much did it cost for the angel eyes and install and how long did it take?

·
Registered
578 Posts
What size rings did you get? I installed 110mm Morimoto Rings a while back as well. I think there are only 3 of us running the Morimoto rings on the forum currently haha.

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vuruptor...cost was $700. Took about four hours.

JustinO0...tried to get some night shots, but they were all overexposed. I'll try again tonight.

Hawk94... yes, these are 110s

actuator....yes, Extreme HID did the install.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Vuruptor...cost was $700. Took about four hours.
Danggg. Glad I did it myself. At least they were professionally installed. I need to fix mine soon or whenever I feel like it since some of the LEDs are burnt. I got a warranty pair from TRS for free to do the swap. Anyways, I'd check them every 3 or so months for burnt LEDs. Usually they'll occur somewhere near the top of the ring or near the stock DRLs since heat is the one main reason why LEDs die. Even with the Aluminum(Al) core which these Morimoto Rings are made from heat can still get to them sadly.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I knew going in that it would be expensive. After reading some Yelp reviews, my conclusion was 1) they were pricey, and 2) they did very good work.
Also....they gave me a 5 year guarantee.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ya, that's because The Retrofit Source, who they probably got the angel eye from, offer a 5 year warranty on it.
+1 to TRS. They're the greatest. Since TRS develops the halos themselves they can afford to offer such a generous warranty if I am correct, and they are always trying to improve the halos too as time goes on I think this is their 4th generation rings currently out for sell too, or was it 5th? When I warrantied my halos it only took two days to get them sent to me, free of cost and hassle of course :).

Edit: They also sell some pretty nice Dome Lights too if anyone is looking for an interior light upgrade!

·
Registered
323 Posts
+1 to TRS. They're the greatest. Since TRS develops the halos themselves they can afford to offer such a generous warranty if I am correct, and they are always trying to improve the halos too as time goes on I think this is their 4th generation rings currently out for sell too, or was it 5th? When I warrantied my halos it only took two days to get them sent to me, free of cost and hassle of course :).

Edit: They also sell some pretty nice Dome Lights too if anyone is looking for an interior light upgrade!
If heat is an issue and kills some LEDs, why wouldn't people gravitate towards CCFL? Yes, maybe not as bright but the CCFLs I installed on my E46 looked very bright (i could see perfect reflections off the car infront of me), and had a uniform appearance.

I'm just curious if there's a benefit I'm not seeing. I never had the CCFLs break in 3 years I had the car

·
Registered
578 Posts
If heat is an issue and kills some LEDs, why wouldn't people gravitate towards CCFL? Yes, maybe not as bright but the CCFLs I installed on my E46 looked very bright (i could see perfect reflections off the car infront of me), and had a uniform appearance.

I'm just curious if there's a benefit I'm not seeing. I never had the CCFLs break in 3 years I had the car
Most likely for the brightness, but LEDs are just better all around. Brighter (if you get the good SMDs), LEDs can be evenly spread light, works perfect below freezing, energy efficient, more reliable (again if you have good quality, then again need to factor in environment), can last forever if LEDs are good quality (50k Hrs?) and OEMs usually have a habit of using technology that are reliable in the long run. I mean you see hundreds of cars with LEDs, and none with CCFL. LEDs are being developed and used more widely throughout many applications than just cars nowadays.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts