2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
481 - 499 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ran my upgrade today and it went very well. 30 minutes to complete. Upgrading from version 74.230. I did have to reformat the USB stick on the PC and following the directions, re-download the file and copy and paste it into the drive. It wouldn't work if copied from my iMac.

·
Registered
Mazda3 BM Sedan 2.0 Skyactiv-G 120HP
27 Posts
And this is the official reply from the Handsfree Support responsible department about the DPI issue, just in:

We only provide support on our navigation software and the Naviextras map updates, unfortunately, this issue is related to the Android Auto app which we do not support and we cannot be of assistance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
And this is the official reply from the Handsfree Support responsible department about the DPI issue, just in:

We only provide support on our navigation software and the Naviextras map updates, unfortunately, this issue is related to the Android Auto app which we do not support and we cannot be of assistance.
It's not the app, this is a parameter that has to be given to Android Auto by the display, i.e. the head unit, in order for Android Auto to know what size it should render the objects onscreen. This can be verified not only because v74.x immediately made the objects bigger, but also independently with an Android tablet with Headunit Reloaded Emulator or the AAWireless dongle, which let you tweak the requested pixel resolution and the DPI that they report to the phone.

The fact that they don't see it as a bug (cause it technically isn't) doesn't mean it's not something they can change. I don't think they will though, it may have been deliberate cause the previous DPI setting made things just a tad too small for most people IMO. It was hard to read street names and such. But the new size is too big now and it truncates and just plain removes a lot of useful info especially from search results.

·
Registered
Mazda3 BM Sedan 2.0 Skyactiv-G 120HP
27 Posts
It's not the app, this is a parameter that has to be given to Android Auto by the display, i.e. the head unit, in order for Android Auto to know what size it should render the objects onscreen. This can be verified not only because v74.x immediately made the objects bigger, but also independently with an Android tablet with Headunit Reloaded Emulator or the AAWireless dongle, which let you tweak the requested pixel resolution and the DPI that they report to the phone.

The fact that they don't see it as a bug (cause it technically isn't) doesn't mean it's not something they can change. I don't think they will though, it may have been deliberate cause the previous DPI setting made things just a tad too small for most people IMO. It was hard to read street names and such. But the new size is too big now and it truncates and just plain removes a lot of useful info especially from search results.
Yes I know, I just reported what they wrote to me, which of course sounds as a little lame excuse from their department: they basically say they support only maps and map updates and wash hands from all this. I will copy your comment, reformat it a little and send them a reply with it hoping that something happens, the guy who's replying me actually looks like he cares to help.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
@andy_o : From .310 and higher, it is not possible to downgrade lower than .310 anymore. Below at my photo you see .311 installed. At the usb stick were .311, .310,. 200 and also 70.00.367 and 59.00.502. But only .311 and .310 were visible. This behavior is known of 59.00.502 already, as you can not downgrade below .502 once you updated to or above it.
Font Gadget Display device Electronic device Multimedia

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, will send you a link, but be aware (we get so many Jap Mazda grey import requests), yes ADR will install but can not guarantee what RADIO frequencies will work or not after re-tune, what features working now may not work after update, plus this install will not make cars Navigation work.
Plus be aware update policy still applies depending on what is already in your car, CMU 140 Firmware or CMU 150....All from 31.00.100 are stage two CMU 150...see page 1 of this thread.
Hello, could you please send me firmware 74.00.311A EU too?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If anyone wants EU N 74.00.311A then message me for link.

DO NOT INSTALL ANY NA N 74 firmware, ONLY if you are in North America. I have been told that there will not be any further updates as cars that use this .up are ceasing Japan production.
Could I get the link for the NA firmware? I'm new here so I can't message you.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #497 ·
good grief you guys SEE MY SIGNATURE below..WHAT DOES IT SAY.

YOU MESSAGE ME ASKING WHAT YOU WANT AND I WILL PRIVATELY SEND YOU A LINK
IF i HAVE IT..

481 - 499 of 499 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.