2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
401 - 420 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
You asked for an EU firmware - not for a specific version number. And some posts above yours, I already told another user, that one should have a look in post #348 - there you can find EU versions like 70.00.100 or 70.00.367.

If the file you linked to is genuine or not, you can check via comparing the (hopefully correct provided) hashes only - do so and you`ll know.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 · (Edited)
You asked for an EU firmware - not for a specific version number. And some posts above yours, I already told another user, that one should have a look in post #348 - there you can find EU versions like 70.00.100 or 70.00.367.

If the file you linked to is genuine or not, you can check via comparing the (hopefully correct provided) hashes only - do so and you`ll know.
The guy is after latest 74.00.311A EU N which is not in that link you suggested, last time I checked. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
IF the good members here want the link to download new EU 74.00.311A ONLY, please start a Conversation with me Direct.
I am looking for someone here who will download it and then host for all those that want it in EU.
My link will only be active for a few days, if my link is publicly posted here I will remove the use of.
I'm interested on having the link. Sorry to reply here and not in direct conversation but the system isn't allowing me due to minimum requirement on my side.
thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
IF the good members here want the link to download new EU 74.00.311A ONLY, please start a Conversation with me Direct.
I am looking for someone here who will download it and then host for all those that want it in EU.
My link will only be active for a few days, if my link is publicly posted here I will remove the use of.
Hi.
Can you provide link for new EU firmware please?
I can't send you direct message because the system doesn't allow that due to some requirements.
Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Ash

Any chance of the link 74.00.311A EU N update.up

Also I read the post that u said it will work in Aus. What did u mean by different lang pack. Will it still be in english.

thanks

·
Registered
Mazda3 04/2017 BN 120 HP Sports-Line
91 Posts
Hi,
Would the new firmware/release also work on a Dutch Mazda 2 from 2020?

Thanks in advance for any reply/information in regard to above.
With Kind Regards,
MrZapper61.
Hi,
what is your MZD-Connect? Version I or II? 7" Display? Looks like this, then it is MZD-Connect I.
What is your current Firmware-Version?

Bye
Gruni

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Gruni,
The display in the car looks exactly like the one you posted, I think it is MZD Connect.

Current software version is: 70.00.361 EU N
Music Database Version is: 00.09.000
Fault Tolerant version is: 70.00.361
Font Rectangle Gas Bumper Display device

It has Apple CarPlay support, through USB port with original Apple lightning cable. Do not know if this new release (if it is compatible) also would enable Bluetooth CarPlay for iPhone?
Regards,
MrZapper61.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
@MrZapper61 : Yes, you can install 74.00.311 EU as it is an update - also for any firmware starting with 70.
But no, no firmware update will enable wireless Apple Carplay or wireless Android Auto. Mazda so far offers wireless Apple Carplay with a new CMU (hardware of the MZD) for approx. more than 1500 € only. So there is an option, but expensive and a hardware change is required.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #413 ·
Hey Ash

Any chance of the link 74.00.311A EU N update.up

Also I read the post that u said it will work in Aus. What did u mean by different lang pack. Will it still be in english.

thanks
Yes it definitely has English in 74.00.311 EU N, last time I checked the UK speaks English...yes will work perfectly in place of ADR 4A N, BUT as I said there are a few languages not in EU N, like Thai language. But EU N has Russian and one or two that ADR 4A N does not.

If you are in Australia, then Yes EU N will work fine, you will not lose anything but gain a few languages.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #415 · (Edited)
HERE ARE THE CHANGELOG FOR BOTH 74.00.311A UPDATE.UP from 70.00.367A for NA N (ONLY use for North America) and EU N for Europe and UK and now EU N can also definitely be used for Australia/NZ 4A N (ADR), Hong Kong (English language only).

Although changelog look minimal there are many more features and changes in this 74 firmware, like Wireless CarPlay Software (but you MUST have a compatible wireless CMU from late 2021 to work).

Remember this is the first time any 74 Firmware has been made available to Europe and UK as an update file as your Mazda Dealers ONLY had 70.00.367A for any update.

For those wanting EU N 74.00.311A firmware please contact me through Conversations (messaging here) as I will be ending my offer soon.

YES THIS IS ONLY GENUINE MAZDA FIRMWARE.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EU N
BULLETIN NOTES
Revision Note: All sections have been updated for Ver. 74.00.311A

NOTE: If you want to know the symptoms which have already been improved by the previous software release (Ver. 70.00.367), please check Service Information E010/18.

DESCRIPTION
Some vehicles may experience the symptoms mentioned below.
These concerns can be improved by the latest software update.

SYMPTOMS
The following symptoms can be improved by the latest software (Ver. 74.00.311A).
The Improved symptoms depend on your cars current software versions.

• When using CarPlayTM, sound may not come out from the driver side speaker.

With Ver 74.00.310 or earlier
• Frequent temperature warnings may appear in the center display.

• The time in the center display may be inaccurate.

• [Belgium] Traffic Sign Recognition System (TSR) may display incorrect speed limit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
NA N
NOTE: If the customer has customized MAZDA CONNECT with something like a different background using unauthorized software, make sure they know the following information before updating MAZDA CONNECT to avoid any issues later on.

Updating MAZDA CONNECT to the latest version will erase any customization created by unauthorized software.
Unauthorized customization software will not work on the latest version of MAZDA CONNECT software.
The latest version of MAZDA CONNECT software cannot be rolled back to an earlier version.
Mazda does not recommend unauthorized customization of MAZDA CONNECT due to the possibility of unexpected problems. Any issues related to this will not be covered under Mazda warranty policy.
The system performance has been improved as follows:

(Ver. 74.00.311 and later)

• When using CarPlayTM, sound may not come out from the driver side speaker.

(Ver. 74.00.310 and later)

• Frequent temperature warnings may appear in the center display.
• The time in the center display may be inaccurate.

(Ver. 74.00.230 and later)

• [Mazda6 (US 2019-2021)], [CX-5 (US 2019-2021)], [CX-9 (US 2019-2021)] SiriusXM radio does not work properly. (SiriusXM cannot be selected, only certain channels appear in the list, the sound turns off and/or the center display shows an error message such as “Check SiriusXM Tuner” or “Unable to Connect to SiriusXM Radio

(From V70.00.367 and later)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #417 · (Edited)
Read back just a little, 74 Firmware has been out in production and now as an update for 18 months (NA N), as far as Mazda is concerned this dpi is not a problem as not everyone is having issues, perhaps it is a specific model and brand of Android Phone you use, put phone into 'Developer Options', scroll down to then ' Minimum width' change then alter dp to 384 dp, or find one (xxx, like 352, 478 number) that suits phone and maybe this could fix Android Auto dpi on cars screen.
You would be surprised just how many issues with phones and Apps are rectified by adjusting Minimum width. (you won't damage phone)...just a suggestion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If this post should have been it's own thread start, please let me know.

I finally bit the bullet and bought the AA/CP RetroFit kit and installed it today. First I upgraded from 56.x firmware to 70.0.100A and then up to 74.00.311A. Everything went very smooth.
The first time I plugged in my android phone a prompt appeared asking me if I'd like to enable Android Auto on my mazda vehicle. I agreed, but then nothing happened. Based on some advice earlier in this thread I disconnected the car's battery and let it sit for 6 hours. I went out and put the car into ACC mode again, plugged in my phone, and all I can see is a message in the status bar that reads "Android Auto not responding" I've tried at least 5 different known good USB A to USB C cables. I've tried going into the Test Screen and using option "2" to clear any DCTs (none showed up with option "3")

Based on my experience with flashing phones, I'm curious if these "Upgrade" packages are truly wiping and replacing all the old files or if they are just replacing files that were updated.

Is there a way to trigger a full clean install that removes any junk files that have been left in the filesystem? Does a factory reset cleanup the filesystem or just revert config files to default?

I ask because when I got the car, even though it had 56.x firmware it had Android Auto as an option in the Applications menu, therefore I surmise that the previous owned may have been playing around with tweaks. Tweaks that I failed to remove before all the upgrades.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Your issue most probably is not software/firmware based. All tweaks are removed when installing 74.00.311. It is a full install, not just a change of config files. So there is no other cleanup process. But of course you can go to settings, system and do a factory reset - just to be sure. But this does not do anything else, than a fresh install of the firmware.

As you did not buy your AA/CP hardware of a genuine Mazda dealer, I assume that it is a hardware issue of the new usb hub (and/or the cables). I would contact your amazon seller and get it replaced. Most probably your hardware is a clone from china and not official hardware sold by a local Mazda dealer. You nearly can not differentiate a clone from geniuine/original parts. So either get a new hub by the seller or invest in original parts of a genuine Mazda dealer. Here in the forum are some reports already of the China clone hardware not working properly.

And yes, as it turns out not to be a firmware issue of the latest firmware (topic here), your post better should have been a seperate thread or in another thread. But you could not really have known that before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Read back just a little, 74 Firmware has been out in production and now as an update for 18 months (NA N), as far as Mazda is concerned this dpi is not a problem as not everyone is having issues, perhaps it is a specific model and brand of Android Phone you use, put phone into 'Developer Options', scroll down to then ' Minimum width' change then alter dp to 384 dp, or find one (xxx, like 352, 478 number) that suits phone and maybe this could fix Android Auto dpi on cars screen.
You would be surprised just how many issues with phones and Apps are rectified by adjusting Minimum width. (you won't damage phone)...just a suggestion.

Installed V74.00.311A today and DPI problem still here. I tried to change DPI setting from android dev option like you said but unfortunately nothing happened :/

401 - 420 of 499 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.