2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My venerable 2006 Civic was approaching the end of its useful life for me, so I spent about 6 weeks shopping for its replacement, which turned out to be the 3 Touring. A CX3 AWD was a strong possibility for our Chicago winters, and it's what steered me toward Mazda to begin with, but a test drive of the 3 pretty much ended the search.

I asked my insurance agent how much more it would cost to insure, versus an identical 2017 leftover. Answer: About $18 a year. So that settles it...

I'm at the 1,000 mile point now, and I'm still getting used to the gadgetry. I love most aspects of this vehicle, with a few exceptions. I will try to post up a photo here, but it's the same 'soul red' 3 you've seen photos of a jillion times already. Here goes: Nope, I can't post the image yet. Anyway, I'm hoping for a long period of uneventful ownership.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I really wanted the CX-3, but the lack of cargo room behind the rear seats ending my obsession with the CX-3. However, I am glad to say that with the General Arctic 12 studded mounted on some 16's wheels, my 17 Mazda 3 GT does an outstanding job in the snow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts