2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A North America Gracenote update dated October 2017 is available: Mazda Infotainment

Choose your language and vehicle from the drop down menus. After that, you should see an "Update my Gracenote" link. It should lead to a page with a download link for the update file, as well as instructions.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Previously I have intentionally killed Gracenote in my car by interrupting its update midway.
Today got the new FW version installed - 59.00.532 and alongside new Gracenote was also installed - 00.08.000.

Gotta kill it tomorrow, as it didn't fix that annoying issue with changing some artist's name. Short story - I have Grey Daze songs. It shows them as Greg Lake songs. Tags are correctly set by me, so it simply thinks that they are wrong and decides to show me some bullshit instead of what I need.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Previously I have intentionally killed Gracenote in my car by interrupting its update midway.
Today got the new FW version installed - 59.00.532 and alongside new Gracenote was also installed - 00.08.000.

Gotta kill it tomorrow, as it didn't fix that annoying issue with changing some artist's name. Short story - I have Grey Daze songs. It shows them as Greg Lake songs. Tags are correctly set by me, so it simply thinks that they are wrong and decides to show me some bullshit instead of what I need.
Agreed! I haven't disabled mine, but it does some non-intuitive things. Most bothersome for me is that it treats every band with "The" in the name as a T. E.g., if I want to listen to The Beatles, I have to scroll to T, rather than B. It would seem like a very simple bit of code to ignore "The" at the beginning of an artist name. But apparently Mazda doesn't think so.

I guess I can use voice command, and it does a good job with easy names. But it usually can't figure out "Deadmau5" and it really has no idea when I say "Korpiklaani." :confused1 1:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Successfully killed Gracenote database today again, then did a Factory Reset and my tracks show correct Artist again!
While at it, sent another complaint to MazdaHandsFree Support and today received a reply.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
They should at least code it to use the mp3 tags in the files if present. Most of my music is tagged as "Metal" and that never showed up as a genre until I killed Gracenote. I notified them of this 2 years ago as well. And voice commands are useless in my experience - even if it recognizes what I say it doesn't queue the album tracks up in order.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I see I am not the only one! I was wondering for a while why the artist "Paradise" only could be found as "Paradisio".

I have the same problems with the album art. There is shown sometimes completely unknown album art instead of the album art in the mp3 tags...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same problem with incorrect artists showing up in spite of my MP3 tags being correct. For example, Dido shows up as Dean Martin (obviously Gracenote / Mazda thinks Dido = Dino = Dean Martin). I also have a Carpenters album that shows up as David Carpenter. I tried setting my MP3 tags to "The Carpenters" with the same result. Ended up setting it to Karen & Richard Carpenter.

If I've already got the latest Gracenote installed how do I go about "killing it" so that the system will stop overriding my MP3 tags?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have the same problem with incorrect artists showing up in spite of my MP3 tags being correct. For example, Dido shows up as Dean Martin (obviously Gracenote / Mazda thinks Dido = Dino = Dean Martin). I also have a Carpenters album that shows up as David Carpenter. I tried setting my MP3 tags to "The Carpenters" with the same result. Ended up setting it to Karen & Richard Carpenter.

If I've already got the latest Gracenote installed how do I go about "killing it" so that the system will stop overriding my MP3 tags?
Simply put the same latest version on USB and select to update. It allows overriding it with the same version.
Wait until it gets to about 75% of progress bar and take out usb.

Then verify by looking at About in system settings. No gracenote version should be shown.

P.s. i would still recommend writing an email to [email protected] and reporting the problem with wrong artist. Let them know that people don't like this issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Everyone,
i have two questions, and thanks for the reply in advanced.
what is the difference between Gracenotes and Infontainment? i´m going to upgrade to ADR59.00.502A, does that include the gracenote update or should i download the gracenote update from the Mazda site?

thanks everyone. :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hello Everyone,
i have two questions, and thanks for the reply in advanced.
what is the difference between Gracenotes and Infontainment? i´m going to upgrade to ADR59.00.502A, does that include the gracenote update or should i download the gracenote update from the Mazda site?

thanks everyone. :)
My suggestion would be to update your firmware first and then check later to see if Gracenotes were updated as well or not at the same time. For me, in one case when I updated the firmware, Gracenotes reverted back to an older version and then I had to reinstall the latest version of Gracenotes again, I believe it may have actually been 502 North America. In my last 2 firmware updates, the latest version Gracenotes remained.

You can google it, but Gracenotes is basically all the album artwork which goes with your entertainment system. Updating Gracenotes only takes a couple of minutes, and there is nearly zero risks of issues versus those of updating your firmware.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts