2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just got a new Mazda3 and I was reading up on here and reddit on how to add navi but it seems like newer firmware doesn't allow ssh access anymore from what I'm reading because the password isn't available. But I'm just wondering if I'm reading something wrong. If anyone is able to reply some help or PM me a dummy guide to installing navi that would be much appreciated! Mods, if this isn't allowed, sorry! Feel free to delete this :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like I was reading an outdated guide. Unfortunately all the links for JCI_NNG_Tool_v2.20 are down. Would someone be able to upload it for me or PM me with it please? :D Thank you!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think you can edit your messages only after you reach a certain post count. :) I'll soon be the owner of a 2017 Mazda as well. So also curious if it is still possible to get root access, run scripts on those, etc. Did you manage to do it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I was able to! Shoot me a PM if you end up needing help. To be completely honest, I probably won't see your message for a couple days, so you probably want to send it in advance a little lol. I'm not a pro or anything but I would be able to help you with the basics of navi and the other all in one tweaks.

The one thing I wasn't able to do was get root access in case something goes horribly wrong. But I spent a good couple days reading other people's experiences and only did all the "safe" tweaks (which is all that I need since I don't have an android lol). Not sure if the root access is needed to fix the problems tho cause the AOI tweak system had a backup tweak which I ran before everything.. But now I'm just rambling lol. Feel free to let me know if you need help! I'll do my best to help you :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes I was able to! Shoot me a PM if you end up needing help. To be completely honest, I probably won't see your message for a couple days, so you probably want to send it in advance a little lol. I'm not a pro or anything but I would be able to help you with the basics of navi and the other all in one tweaks.

The one thing I wasn't able to do was get root access in case something goes horribly wrong. But I spent a good couple days reading other people's experiences and only did all the "safe" tweaks (which is all that I need since I don't have an android lol). Not sure if the root access is needed to fix the problems tho cause the AOI tweak system had a backup tweak which I ran before everything.. But now I'm just rambling lol. Feel free to let me know if you need help! I'll do my best to help you :)
AIO offers root and SSH access but I don't think it's been expanded to all firmware versions (which it could be). You could modify the AIO script to do it or look at my post here: http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2017-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/57714-infotainment-project-604.html#post1956634

·
Registered
9 Posts

Sounds awesome, happy you managed to accomplish this! I still can't send PMs sadly. From what I see you need 15 posts to do that and I still have some to go, as I'm a new member to the forum as well. Hopefully you'll be still around once I manage to get to that number :grin2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
AIO offers root and SSH access but I don't think it's been expanded to all firmware versions (which it could be). You could modify the AIO script to do it or look at my post here: http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2017-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/57714-infotainment-project-604.html#post1956634
A bit confused there mate. So your script returns the old user/pass combo in newer FW versions? Sorry if that's a stupid question, English isn't my native language, so it just might be me being stupid and unable to understand.

·
Registered
71 Posts
A bit confused there mate. So your script returns the old user/pass combo in newer FW versions? Sorry if that's a stupid question, English isn't my native language, so it just might be me being stupid and unable to understand.
The script changes the password of the cmu (root) user to jci and re-enables SSH access in newer firmware versions (v56+). It does not change the username back to root for the reasons stated in my post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts