2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all!

I just bought a graphite 2013 hatchback. It's the first new car I've owned (first there was the Moldsmobile, then a 95 Accord... which got totaled last week, prompting a search for something new.)

I was mainly test driving subcompacts, but tried out the 3 and fell in love. It was the only test drive that had me grinning like an idiot, so I went for it. (The separate passenger-side climate control and the mpg display definitely helped, though.)

I'm still a bit perplexed by the keyless entry mechanism, though. Last night I had a hard time convincing it to lock the doors. The manual didn't seem to offer any overview of how that's supposed to work- is there a noob guide anywhere for it?

·
Bird is the word!
998 Posts
Lmao welcome just one click to lock 2 clicks to unlock that's all there is too it post some pictures!

sent while going back to the future

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum autophage! Post some pics of your 3 and tell us your plans. If you have any questions feel free to ask us here on your thread. If you dont get it here always remember to search and use the search button on top. Happy moddin! And by convincing it to lock you mean you'd lock it and then it would unlock right away after?

·
Registered
130 Posts
congrats to another MT skyactiv hatch :vtec228 1:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi autophage. I bought a '13 i Touring 6MT hatch 2 days ago. I love it...but see room for improvement. So far it seems to me that A) you can't lock it using the button on the door as you are getting out. This is how I've been doing it for the last 20 years so I have a habbit to break. I am learning to use the key fob. And B) I have to hit the unlock button twice quickly to get the passenger door open.

·
Somewhere in the Matrix
170 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts