2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2007 M3 Hatchback and its great, but I bought it for a price that I would know repairs would have to be done. There is a shock problem (I think) in the rear left, some paint correction to be done around the car, and one interior cosmetic problem: the trim or part around the window switch is loose. The window switch itself works great.

It looks like the clips are broken. I have been looking on ebay for a replacement, but on my car that part is grey, and all the ones I can find are black. If anyone has any replacement parts or knows where to find them that would be awesome.

The rear right window control on the drivers side can only roll the window down, not up. I figure this is just a wiring problem, but I'm not sure.

Finally, I need to get a stereo upgrade. Should I just buy one of those trim replacements that will fit a single din (because the current one is an odd shape)?

Thanks for your help, glad to be here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you haven't already, you can try and push down on each side where the shocks are. It should bounce, then return to its original position, maybe with a little bounce back after. If it bounces around more than it needs to, then that could be an indication of which shock is bad. Also check for any leaking, rust, etc. Those can also be indications that your shocks are worn. I just got my '09 M3 hatch and the front left shock needs to get checked since there's some squeaking going on when I push down on that area and let it bounce (same situation as you, got it for a price knowing repairs were probs gonna come with it.)
This is kinda just what I did to see what side I at least need to look at, and for the most part we're pretty confident it's the front left. It's a more or less subjective, but should hopefully give you an idea.

For everything else, I don't really have any answers since I'm still more or less learning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts