2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my new 3 about a month ago, as of right now absolutely loving my purchase in every way. Absolutely 10x the car I used to drive.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum SnazzyJoe! Post some pics of your 3 and tell us your plans. If you have any questions feel free to ask us here on your thread.

·
Broke Postbac.
536 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not very proficient in the ways of forums, but I'll see what I can do for some pictures:) Nothing done to it as of yet, but plans wise I think I have a good idea so far.

Plans:

OEM fog lights, a lower(debating on prokit/sportline, or full coil-overs), wheels, intake, exhaust. And...that's really my only plans as of yet. It's going to cost a lot of money I don't have right now, but this is the first car I've ever owned that's worthy of having modifications done to it and I just can't wait!

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
welcome to the site glad u love the car as much as us!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This car is amazing compared to my old car lol. I plan to keep this thing a very long time. A question though, I've been navigating around and trying to research some things and I had a question. Been having a hard time finding the answer I've been really looking for. My lowering dilemma is between just getting lowering springs, or going with coil-overs. I have a buddy of mine with a built WRX pushing 300hp and he strongly suggests coil-overs, but I'm curious if it's even necessary...I don't plan on doing any auto-xing or racing, my mods will be purely for my enjoyment, so I'm trying to figure out if it's even necessary to spend the money on such a pricey upgrade. If I do end up going with just the springs though would it be better to go with the pro-kit or the sport-lines? I know the sport-lines provide a more aggressive drop but what sacrifices and possible future maintenance hardships will I have to worry about if I make the upgrade?

Sorry...I know it's a lot of questions, but I've never made a single modification to a car, though I've always wanted to start, and now that I have my 3 it's game on. it's no longer a matter of whether or not to mod the car, it's only a matter of when I'm going to.

**I suppose I shouldn't rule out the RoadMagnet springs either**

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
search around maybe not in the skyactiv forums but the other side they have alot in the suspension threads. depends how much you wanna spend. if u wont be racing coils arent that big a deal. everyone seems to be doing fine with springs and stock shocks. yes youll have more wear if u dont adjust the camber properly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Something like that is probably where I'd end up needing someone's help, haha. I have zero basic car knowledge, so adjusting camber sounds like an alien technique to me. All I basically know about camber is how much the wheels tilt in and out towards the vehicle. What I think I'm picking up on however is that if you don't adjust it properly it can cause handling issues?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After searching around and reading up, I'm noticing that the alignment shop would take care of camber and that so far(as I can tell) no one is having any shocks/struts problems with any of the lowering spring kits. Gotta learn the search function wisely! lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts