2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I saw a mazda 3 w/ a neon underglow associated with it. Now I've become inspired and rather intrigued to do the same. I've looked for areas to try and mount the led strips which hasn't been a problem, the wiring however has. I have a Mazda 3 2014 Sports Touring. I have two options I'd prefer over the rest.

1. I'd want to connect the wires to the fuse box inside the car with the wires, however I'm not 100% sure how to get them there from outside the car.

2. If not possible for that I'd like to try and get the power source to come from the cigarette lighter inside the vehicle. In doing this however I don't want cables to be showing in the interior of the car...

Does anyone have any solutions or anything they could offer to help?

·
Registered
578 Posts
What about the wiring?
You can wire it from the battery and can run the wires from the bay down to wherever you want to place the LEDs but you'll have to protect the wires with some good insulation though. I'm sure it can be done in many different ways though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can wire it from the battery and can run the wires from the bay down to wherever you want to place the LEDs but you'll have to protect the wires with some good insulation though. I'm sure it can be done in many different ways though.
So connect them directly to it?

·
Registered
578 Posts
So connect them directly to it?
I wouldn't unless the LEDs come with some kind of voltage/current regulator so that the battery doesn't kill them right from the get go. As you may know, LEDs require very little to turn them on so if too much is given to them it can cause them to prematurely fail.

Hope this helps a little. I'm not an expert on how to under glow to cars haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts