2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where's a good place to get interior touch up paint? Oddly, a rivet on my jeans caught the drivers seat and left a mark. Wondering where people are buying good quality matching paints for this sort of thing.

I do drive a 2016.5 CX-5 but figured it's a safe bet the interiors are the same black (in this case). It is on the leather surface where this happened.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I would use a small amount of black shoe polish if the 'leather' is scuffed or a dab of black fabric dye if the supporting fabric beneath is exposed.

I say 'leather' since Mazda UK advised me their 'leather' never belonged to an animal!

Perhaps post your query in the Interior & Appearance section?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would use a small amount of black shoe polish if the 'leather' is scuffed or a dab of black fabric dye if the supporting fabric beneath is exposed.

I say 'leather' since Mazda UK advised me their 'leather' never belonged to an animal!

Perhaps post your query in the Interior & Appearance section?
Will do. Thanks. I do know that my seating surfaces are leather. The rest is not.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would try black shoe CREAM vs shoe polish. The shoe cream will penetrate into the leather better to cover up scuff/scratch. Use a Q-tip to apply to better control how much you get on.

I guess you also figured out by now that you should not use 'paint" on car seats. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bummer...tried with Seat Doctors but it didn't match. He sent another mix but it didn't match either.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Bummer...tried with Seat Doctors but it didn't match. He sent another mix but it didn't match either.
Sorry to hear... Have you tried the shoe cream suggested above? I'm curious if it'll work.

I scuffed the pleather cover of my arm rest a little wiggling in some ikea boxes. It's not the worst but I'd like to get rid of it...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to hear... Have you tried the shoe cream suggested above? I'm curious if it'll work.

I scuffed the pleather cover of my arm rest a little wiggling in some ikea boxes. It's not the worst but I'd like to get rid of it...
No I haven't. I don't think it would match and a risk of it coming off on my clothes isn't ideal. I've tried the shoe cream idea before (on something totally different).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts