2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Need Stock wheel/tire advice

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bfritts3 
#1 ·
I've got a 2012 iGT coming in a few days with the ugly ass 16's. I currently have a 2010 sGT and the dealer said i could keep the current sGT wheels as long as i let him keep the iGT's. The real problem is the tires (kuhmo Ecsta LX Platinum) on the sGT are about a year old. Do you guys think i should keep the 16's on the 2012 and just get new wheels come spring or trade them out??

#2 ·
So you are trading your 10' in for the 12'?

It's all personal Preferance IMHO. Are they knocking anything off the price of the 12'?

#3 ·
Yea i'm trading it in, my ex wife put 34k on the sGT in 2 years and just wanted something with less miles.

getting the 2012 iGT + Tech for $22,300

I guess the main question is if the OEM tires on the iGT are shit like the OEM tires on the sGT were ?

#4 ·
Swap em out then.

Can't go wrong either way. Keep the 17s and buy some better tires in a yr. Makes sense

#5 ·
The stock 16" tires dont handle nearly as good but I doubt that's what your wife will be looking for. They're Bridgstone EL400's or something like that and you can expect to at least get quite a few more miles out of them as opposed to the 17" Yokohamas. They'll also ride a little bit better due to the less aggressive tire (softer sidewall) and the fact that they're a 16" vs a 17".

I will say this though. I think the new 16" wheels are pretty ugly... The 17's look much better in my opinion.

#6 ·
:shuriken: just for clarification "Ex wife" the car is for me ^_^

Yea i'm thinking the 17's would be much better

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.