2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't replaced them since I bought the 3. Anyone have any suggestions?

Don't want to go all out but also don't want to buy anything cheap.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I use the top of the line Bosch. Those were the only ones in Baton Rouge that would last more than about 6 months. This is what I have on the 3 and on the MX-5.

Ralph

·
Registered
370 Posts
I just put Michelin's on via Amazon. Very happy.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Just go to Mazda and ask for the OEM wiper inserts. You can pull the rubber out of the OEM blade and replace it for $20 CAD.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Not in the US, they don't sell inserts anymore.
good option is silblade sold on amazon they cost a bit but are silicone and not rubber and come with a 5 year warranty. they wipe better and last much longer than most rubber blades good brands for rubber blades are bosch as they tend to have the longer lasting of the commonly available rubber blades

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
Wiper blades that can last 5 years? That's pretty crazy. The reviews on Amazon are pretty bad for that brand though. They recommend the Piaa silicone wiper blades over those.

Also, just for clarity, we need a 24" wiper insert for the driver side, an 18" wiper insert for the passenger side and a 12" wiper insert for the rear?

If you have links to the items you purchased, please post them.

I'm leaning towards getting the Bosch Icon wiper inserts. The OEM wipers are crap, as I just found out when it rained a few days ago, and the wiper blades are practically brand new.
CK

·
Registered
185 Posts
I bought Rain-X Latitude blades for the front of the car and Bosch for the rear wiper. When buying I opted to get slightly larger blades to cover more of the windshield, 26" and 19" respectively.
The Rain-X blades have performed admirably and the larger blades have done nothing but what I needed, no streaking or rubber rot spots. If I were buying again I'd go with a 20" blade for the shorter wiper.

26" Rain-X Blade:
https://smile.amazon.com/Rain-X-507...id=1516212844&sr=8-5&keywords=rain+x+latitude

19" Rain-X Blade:
https://smile.amazon.com/Rain-X-507...rd_wg=02119&psc=1&refRID=2TQ4PA6EDRRHEMYSPP2P

The Bosch rear blade works well but I needed to sand down a small piece on it to sit flat. I would recommend getting an OEM part for the rear blade.

·
Registered
310 Posts
That's so silly - guess its a way for Mazda to make more money. I don't like aftermarket wiper blades ...

Good luck!

:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Went with the OEM replacement from Tasca

I had read in another thread on here about the difficulties in finding aftermarket rear blades, so I ordered the Mazda OEM through Tasca for my Japan-manufactured GT HB manual. Fits perfectly, whereas the 12-inch aftermarket blades from the local auto parts store had a different diameter snap that might have stayed in place, but was certainly loose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts