2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, thanks for reading,

Heres the deal, ever since i bought my 13 Skyactiv Mazda3, I've had the speed bug creeping up on me more and more. With the genpu speeds drying up, I've kept an eye out for any deals that look decent.

Heres what i'm looking at.

2013 Itouring Skyactiv 6sp - 14500 trade in value - 13200 miles.

2012 Speed3 touring - 32000 Miles, 18999.

Owe 13000 on the sky, Payment will go from 230-270, Ins. from 133 - 141 for full coverage

Speed3 looks very clean, Tranny feels good, clutch grips, 1 owner, mid 30s female thats driven manual since she started(got to talk to her).( shes having a child and wants a crossover)

All the service records look good, new tires 6k miles ago, tranny fluid and oil changed at dealer

(2 instances of going 7500 on synthetic (not something i would do, but better than alot of people do.) Drove it on the highway and through some sharp corners, man handled it and red lined it. No smoke, engine sounds good, all stock. seems very well taken care of.

Any of you who have gone from sky or regular mazda to speed, please chime in. Thank you!

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
I haven't gone from a skyactiv to a speed but I went from a regular 2.5 to a speed.
In this case it sounds like a really well kept speed. I would jump on it, but try to negotiate the price down a little bit. Hope you be boosting soon :D

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I don't think you are the only one with this bug. Many of us are just saving for the next gen MS3. It's almost certainly going to maintain what is floating around now...300+hp AWD twin turbo SkyActiv 2.5. I <3 gen2 speed3 but I'm so sure these specs are legit on the next gen I have to wait for it. If you cannot wait then like everyone else has said, DO IT! :)

·
Da belle of da ball.
3,542 Posts
Yes! I went from a '12 Skyactiv to a '13 Speed. My first thought driving away from the dealership after buying the Skyactiv was "Holy shit, it's slow as balls. What have I done." After trading for the Mazdaspeed, I couldn't be happier. Have fun.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Seems like a good deal, go for it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
here's the real question...how long is the payment terms? what is your APR?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
same term and apr as my previous loan (long) 2.9%. Gotta keep payments as low as i can, school loans and all that. Wanted a toy though. ends up being 44$ more per month including insurance increase. All in all, i'm happy with it! Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
218 Posts
he's going to be paying for a few extra years and a little bit more interest

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again all for the quick replies. Helped convince me to go for it. Loving it so far. avg mpg counter was at 27.2 when i got it. It may have started dropping :cheesy:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Agreed, the average mpg counter is off by 3-4 mpgs for me. Congrats on the purchase. I remember when I first got my MS3 after wanting it for so long, I was ecstatic.

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts