2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I did a search on springs, but I couldn't find any topic that was comparing all the springs. I looked on the parts page and it seems like the available springs are (removed Racing Beats since the drop seemed too little): H&R, Eibach, Road Magnets, Canuck Motorsports, and Tein.

What are the differences between them? Which one should I get if I want good ride quality, but noticeable drop and handling?

Right now, I am considering the Eibach Pro-Kits since it is the cheapest and I think provides a decent drop.
The Road Magnets seems good also, but a little more expensive.

Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would suggest RM 1.25 or 1.75. Lots of people have them on this forum and love them. I have a set that I will sell but probably not worth it to ship from Hawaii. Canuck also has 1.75 springs.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I did a search on springs, but I couldn't find any topic that was comparing all the springs. I looked on the parts page and it seems like the available springs are (removed Racing Beats since the drop seemed too little): H&R, Eibach, Road Magnets, Canuck Motorsports, and Tein.

What are the differences between them? Which one should I get if I want good ride quality, but noticeable drop and handling?

Right now, I am considering the Eibach Pro-Kits since it is the cheapest and I think provides a decent drop.
The Road Magnets seems good also, but a little more expensive.

Anybody have any suggestions?
what was wrong with the RACING BEAT springs (besides the little drop)?

not alot of improvement on handling?

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
I for one vote for Tein, they provide a really good drop with no sacrifice in ride at all. Plus since the spring rates are damn near stock the dampers wont take a beating

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I for one vote for Tein, they provide a really good drop with no sacrifice in ride at all. Plus since the spring rates are damn near stock the dampers wont take a beating
Aren't the Teins they still in prototype stage? How much does it cost?

I just don't know if I want to invest that much money on Racing Beat if it will only give me half an inch.

What's the pricing on the Road Magnets? I am seeing around 210 or so for them?

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
Tein released theirs a couple months back

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
RM has a holiday discount until the 7th. Springs are $190 shipped in the US.
Oh nice, how do these do on stock struts? I will probably be on stock struts for at least a year.

Why would you want to sell your Road Magnet Springs if you like them? On the Road Magnet site I can only see 2004-08.

How are the 1.75 drops? Seems like the Rides a little rough, and I heard some people are scrapping pretty bad.

If it's the other one, I may have to with Pro-Kit, since it's even cheaper.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The 1.25 springs should work fine with stock struts/shocks. There are differing opinions on stock struts/shocks with anything lower.

I originally had RM 1.25 but switched to H&R. I want coilovers next to go lower.

The first one listed under Mazda (RMMazda3) should be the one for your car.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The RM 1.25" springs are perfect with the stock struts. I got the 1.75" springs with the stock struts and they are at the limit. I will be getting Koni Yellows soon.
If I'm getting the 1.25" i might as well just go for the ProKits I am guessing. It's about 20 dollars cheaper with free shipping compared to Road Magnet.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
IMO RM 1.25" offer a better ride and less bottoming out than Prokits if your using the stock dampers. I've had both.

·
Nie brykaj...
494 Posts
I love the RM 1.25, look great and ride quality is pretty damn good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts