2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm from Ottawa, Ontario. And just this past Wednesday (November 17) I bought a used 2010 Mazda 3 from Car Canada. All is great with it, I love it and am happy with my choice. The only problem is, my neighbor came by today and noticed the the front fender bender on the passenger side was cracked. The crack is in an odd spot, and I would have never noticed it had he not pointed it out.
I called the dealership in which I dealt with, and just waiting for them to get back to me.
Since it gets pretty cold here in the Winter, I would like to fix it ASAP! Can anyone help?
How much does it cost to fix the whole fender bender? (See picture for more details)

Thank you for your help!

Lise:crybaby 1:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I do not have touch up paint. I have a contact that someone recommended me too. Will try him out and see from there! Crossing my fingers that it wont cost me too much money!:sad 1:

Thanks for your reply!

·
Original Member
262 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the bumper needs to be replaced. In the picture below, there is evidence (I've marked with an arrow) of thick body filler applied to the bumper...in other words, the bumper has been repaired before at some point, and not very well. For repairs at a quality body shop down here in *insert your fav TX joke here*, this repair will run you the list price of the OEM bumper cover plus $200-300 for paint and labor w/warranty...and a couple days without the car. Touch up paint isn't going to do much here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Body filler....I am not to sure about that. Filler doesn't usually adhere to plastic very well. Its hard to tell, but if all the pieces are still there and you can place them back in the original position then you can repair it yourself. Once it warms up a little more get some plastic epoxy glue (the two part kind), mix it up and then slowly place the pieces back into their original places. Then if need be get some touch up paint to fix up little spots that may be in need.

PermaPoxy 5 Minute Plastic Weld | Canadian Tire

·
Original Member
262 Posts
Body filler....I am not to sure about that. Filler doesn't usually adhere to plastic very well. Its hard to tell, but if all the pieces are still there and you can place them back in the original position then you can repair it yourself. Once it warms up a little more get some plastic epoxy glue (the two part kind), mix it up and then slowly place the pieces back into their original places. Then if need be get some touch up paint to fix up little spots that may be in need.

PermaPoxy 5 Minute Plastic Weld | Canadian Tire

The filler present is plain as day in the pic. There are plastic body fillers, but honestly that looks like regular bondo to me. Which is probably part of the reason the repair failed. I've been working in auto body repair since 2001 and can tell you with great confidence that the bumper needs to be replaced if the desired outcome is an undetectable repair. Someone could piece it back together, like was done before, but it won't look factory and will end up falling apart again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
go with a front lip kit. ones that go right over top of the section u wanna fix. can find them on ebay. look sweet. cheaper then new bumper. im getting front, rear and side for mine in spring 2012

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
go with a front lip kit. ones that go right over top of the section u wanna fix. can find them on ebay. look sweet. cheaper then new bumper. im getting front, rear and side for mine in spring 2012
That wont cover it. And sadly Mike is right there is nothing you can do to fix that other than replace it. But did you buy it certified from the dealer cause they should replace it for you if not than look online for a replacement because the dealer will just empty your wallet. And I know cause I work at one lol! :argh 1:
You can find some pretty cheap replacement bumpers on ebay or a website that sells OEM parts for wholesale

Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm from Ottawa, Ontario. And just this past Wednesday (November 17) I bought a used 2010 Mazda 3 from Car Canada. All is great with it, I love it and am happy with my choice. The only problem is, my neighbor came by today and noticed the the front fender bender on the passenger side was cracked. The crack is in an odd spot, and I would have never noticed it had he not pointed it out.
I called the dealership in which I dealt with, and just waiting for them to get back to me.
Since it gets pretty cold here in the Winter, I would like to fix it ASAP! Can anyone help?
How much does it cost to fix the whole fender bender? (See picture for more details)

Thank you for your help!

Lise:crybaby 1:
i know i have the very same problem and i had to go thrue my insurance and its not cheap , it will probably be around 1,000 $

1 - 10 of 10 Posts