2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
HI guys, I just bought a LED scuff plate from ebay. The problem is that I don't know where to connect the wires to. The "VERY SIMPLE" installation instruction they provided me said.

When door sensor light is Negative{ Red Wire->Connect constant power, Black wire-> Connect door sensor light wire.

When door sensor light is Positive{ Red Wire->Connect door sensor light wire, Black wire-> Connect to negative.

Anyone know where to find DOOR SENSOR LIGHT WIRE?:sad 1:

Thx Thx

·
Registered
11 Posts
LED hookup

Which kit is this? I have the LED doorsill as well. With mine you are supposed to wire it to the dome light in the center of your car, which is basically your 'welcome lighting system'.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I want to do this as well..so any tips will be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx u for your reply. I'll try to upload the photo of my kit.

BlkCspr32: where does the wire from the dome light or Map light runs to under the dash board? AND which one is it? :tongue: sorry im quite a noob at these stuff..

Dunston: If you could show me where exactly to tap the red wire to will be very appreciated. The black one can connect to any ground rite?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Thx u for your reply. I'll try to upload the photo of my kit.

BlkCspr32: where does the wire from the dome light or Map light runs to under the dash board? AND which one is it? :tongue: sorry im quite a noob at these stuff..

Dunston: If you could show me where exactly to tap the red wire to will be very appreciated. The black one can connect to any ground rite?
The black wire has to be connected to the wire from the door switches, you need to drop the map lights and wire the red and black wire at that point. I have these door scuff plates and I did not take any photos of the actual install.
If I remember correctly, the red wire goes to the green wire at the map light and the black wire goes to purple. It is easy to check which wires you need with a test light. You will know you have the correct door switch wire when your test light goes out slowly after you close a door.
You will then need to fish the wires down the A pillar. Just pull the door gasket away from the door frame and tuck the wire in there. use some sort of fish wire to get them across the headliner. I used 3M T taps to make wiring connections.
Sounds more complicated than it actually is, the whole job took me about an hour and a half start to finish, if you are not confident doing this then pay somebody who knows what they are doing.

Pat.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Thx u Pat. Do the wires from the map light go down the driver side or passenger side pillar?
You can run down either side, I ran them down the drivers side.

Pat.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sorry not to go off subject here but nanostar who was the seller you got them from on ebay i really want to put them in my car and also can you post some pics when you are done with them. Thanks

P.S. Good luck with the rest of the install

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry not to go off subject here but nanostar who was the seller you got them from on ebay i really want to put them in my car and also can you post some pics when you are done with them. Thanks

P.S. Good luck with the rest of the install
I got them from " hendy_store "

I'm almost done with it. Only need to wire them up to the map light. I also bought 4 blue LED strip which will put them as footwell light. I connected the LED to the wire from the scuff plate and test them..work good. The LED actually fade off slowly same as the map and dome light too!:cheesy:

I'll take some photo when I'm done.

·
Registered
97 Posts
ok and thats a great idea to hook the foot lights up witht hem i did my foot lights but i bought the wrong LEDs i bought the bulbs so they give off a direct beam like a flash light. Not sure what i was thinking i want to change them to the LED bars so maybe i will do that when i get the scuff plates. That sounds awsome that the light fades like the dome lights makes it seem like it was factory. :cheesy:

·
Registered
633 Posts
I mean the actual wire from the map light. Coz it would be easier to tap to the wires under the dashboard.
I don't know where they are under the dashboard, it is actually simple to run two wires to the map light and catch them there.

Pat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah!! :thumbup 1: DONE!

The Red wire from scuff plate ---> Purple wire on map light.
The Black wire from scuff plate ---> Green wire on map light.

The lights only turn on when the door is open and fade off slowly after the door shut. I'lll take some photo soon.

Thankyou for all the informations. :clap 1:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah!! :thumbup 1: DONE!

The Red wire from scuff plate ---> Purple wire on map light.
The Black wire from scuff plate ---> Green wire on map light.

The lights only turn on when the door is open and fade off slowly after the door shut. I'lll take some photo soon.

Thankyou for all the informations. :clap 1:

Please post some pictures(pictures how you mount wires :))

1 - 20 of 46 Posts