2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I own a 14 Mazda 3 S GT Hatchback and would like to know how to remove/delete AFS for my car through coding on forscan? Thanks. The flashing afs light on my IC is driving me insane!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
When AFS light is flashing - it means that there's a malfunction with it. Have you tried looking for any error codes?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When AFS light is flashing - it means that there's a malfunction with it. Have you tried looking for any error codes?
One light is aftermarket and the other is oem. The aftermarket light is giving me swivel actuator code errors. I do not want to spend over $600 for a headlight when it works fine except the AFS. So removing AFS to me is the best way right now. Thanks

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
You might have to initialize the AFS module. Either at the Mazda Dealer (via their system MMDS) or via shortening 2 pins in the OBD2 (=DLC-2) connector. I had to do that when I replaced my AFS module with an ALH module when switching headlights.

That's how it was for my CX-5 KE 2016. I don't know if it's the same for your Mazda. Imitate at your own risk.

Initialize the headlamp alignment motors by shorting the OBD2 connector. Pins B and J must be connected three times in a row. 1. Connected: 0.5-1.5 seconds 2. Not connected: 0.5-1.5 seconds 3. Connected: 0.5-1.5 seconds 4. Disconnect: 0.5-1.5 seconds 5. Connected: 0.5-1.5 seconds 6. Not connected: Pull it out.

Edit: See also this official info for a CX-5 2012-2014 for more details:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might have to initialize the AFS module. Either at the Mazda Dealer (via their system MMDS) or via shortening 2 pins in the OBD2 (=DLC-2) connector. I had to do that when I replaced my AFS module with an ALH module when switching headlights.

That's how it was for my CX-5 KE 2016. I don't know if it's the same for your Mazda. Imitate at your own risk.
View attachment 277818
Initialize the headlamp alignment motors by shorting the OBD2 connector. Pins B and J must be connected three times in a row. 1. Connected: 0.5-1.5 seconds 2. Not connected: 0.5-1.5 seconds 3. Connected: 0.5-1.5 seconds 4. Disconnect: 0.5-1.5 seconds 5. Connected: 0.5-1.5 seconds 6. Not connected: Pull it out.

Edit: See also this official info for a CX-5 2012-2014 for more details:
Thanks for the info. I believe what you want me to do is a recalibration for the AFS module right? If so I already did that with no luck on a Maxsys Scanner. Same errors appear still.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
If you want to delete AFS from the IC module, have you checked the IC module in 720-04-14 b4-b6 ? Could be worth a try to do b4=0 b5=1 b6=0 to disable AFS. See SergSlims signature for the link to the XLS. And remember to also change 720-01-01 (automatically calculated checksum) if you change 720-04-14.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you want to delete AFS from the IC module, have you checked the IC module in 720-04-14 b4-b6 ? Could be worth a try to do b4=0 b5=1 b6=0 to disable AFS. See SergSlims signature for the link to the XLS. And remember to also change 720-01-01 (automatically calculated checksum) if you change 720-04-14.
Can you let me know what new value I would have to put to disable afs? And where exactly on forscan? Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts