2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Have a '14 3 with navigation. Is the screen supposed to automatically dim for night driving? If not, is there a setting that will make it go to dimmed screen? In the Navigation System owner's manual, it says that in the Map Settings, under Settings, I should be able to fine tune display in terms of changing colors for day or night driving, changing the arrow to a 3D car, show or suppress 3D buildings, etc. but I am not seeing HOW to do any of this and the manual gives no guidance. Can someone please help me out? Thanks.
Jim

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hi All,
Have a '14 3 with navigation. Is the screen supposed to automatically dim for night driving? If not, is there a setting that will make it go to dimmed screen? In the Navigation System owner's manual, it says that in the Map Settings, under Settings, I should be able to fine tune display in terms of changing colors for day or night driving, changing the arrow to a 3D car, show or suppress 3D buildings, etc. but I am not seeing HOW to do any of this and the manual gives no guidance. Can someone please help me out? Thanks.
Jim
Yes, it will auto dim. Turn the odometer trip dial (top right) to either set auto dim or override it and adjust brightness. As far as nav setting displays, go to the bottom menu, on your nav screen, and select settings (the pic of the gear) you can adjust several things. I'm on v25 and have never run across the 3D car (I know what you're talking about, there were discussions about it several months ago), it may be available on the newest v31, but I've read nothing more about it. I'm not sure if anyone ever found it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for directions for adjusting night screen....so much better! In the settings, is there a way to change colors on the nav screen as the manual suggests. I would like to get more contrast in the colors of the screen if possible....currently it is mostly gray and blue. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't had a chance to test the automatic dimmer function, but turning the knob clockwise brightens the illumination and counterclockwise dims it manually. I'm not sure for the automatic dimmer function where the set point is, maybe all the way left?, but will experiment at night.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hey thanks for directions for adjusting night screen....so much better! In the settings, is there a way to change colors on the nav screen as the manual suggests. I would like to get more contrast in the colors of the screen if possible....currently it is mostly gray and blue. Thanks again.
You can change contrast, brightness, ect., in settings. You can't change to a different color scheme.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mmm, I didn't realise the odometer dial set auto-dim too. I thought you just set it in the 'Display' tab under 'Settings' where it has Day, Night and Auto mode. Auto mode is basically tied to the headlights so it's kind of annoying when it dims it on a rainy day because the headlights are on, but overall it's effective.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mmm, I didn't realise the odometer dial set auto-dim too. I thought you just set it in the 'Display' tab under 'Settings' where it has Day, Night and Auto mode. Auto mode is basically tied to the headlights so it's kind of annoying when it dims it on a rainy day because the headlights are on, but overall it's effective.
In conditions like that, I just turn the odometer dial. The infotainment screen goes into daylight mode, but the headlights remain on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.